Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Referees (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=56869)

Slipknot 04-28-2009 08:24 PM

Referees

:cens: "THESE GUYS ARE REDICULOUS!:nailem:

Ray Allen has been getting screwd all night
I smell more fines after this one

what the hell is it with officials at bulls celts games? :huh:

spence 04-28-2009 08:27 PM

The last two calls on Allen were really, really bad.

-spence

Slipknot 04-28-2009 08:31 PM

they need to be investigated for gambling or just stupidity

Slipknot 04-28-2009 09:22 PM

YES!
Paul Pierce is THE MAN!

Once again the Celts have to beat both the other team and the refs.

JohnnyD 04-28-2009 10:06 PM

The NBA has demonstrated the most crooked referees in all of sports time after time.

afterhours 04-29-2009 05:38 AM

shoot and fall seems to be gordons mo- and the refs buy it!

Offshore24 04-29-2009 07:06 AM

That was laughable. You get two minutes in the box for "falling" in hockey. Flopping should get 2 shots. If they call it.

Mike P 04-29-2009 08:06 AM

Nobody in the NBA flops more than Rondo :doh:

afterhours 04-29-2009 08:12 AM

rondo looks like he's been shot with a .50 cal. when he goes down...gordons plain ole' good at it- sells it well.

Surfcastinglife 04-29-2009 09:47 AM

well they made up for it letting rondo get away with an open hand pimp slap to Miller..... that should have been a flagrant

Van 04-29-2009 09:57 AM

I could not agree more.

It was the refs that won last Sundays game not the Bulls !!!!!

Then that crap last night !!!
They did all they could to give Chicago another game.

I think that critical calls near the end of a close game should NOT be made unless they are blatant fouls that DIRECTLY affected a player's dirve or shot. Not some trip over a defenders foot 30 feet from the ball !!! That's BS !!!!

Game six will be a joke.
Lopesided calls once again.

Dad 818 04-29-2009 01:42 PM

Celts should just stay in Boston and rest up for Game 7. Don't even expend the energy flying to Chi-Town and playing. :bshake:
Then in game 7 start Pruitt, Walker, Scal, Moore, and Giddens and REALLY foul the Bulls. If your gonna get called for it, make it count. I'm not saying play dirty, but good clean HARD fouls. :deadhorse: Chop 'em across the forearms when trying to block a shot. Knock their asses to the deck when they drive in for a layup. Wanna take a charge, make them not want to do it again. Once the Bulls can't lift their arms to shoot, and are afraid of driving the lane, :hidin: then put your starters back in and leave no doubt. :behead:

FishermanTim 04-29-2009 05:19 PM

Then if the coach complains about it, the league will fine them.

Maybe if the ref's in basketball were leveled/clocked like they can be in hockey and football, they'd call games evenly for both sides.:deadhorse:

Van 04-29-2009 09:23 PM

It's all the talk today on comcast sportsnet.

Refereeing is bad, calls are bad.

The had a poll to see if Rondo's foul on Miller should have been call as a flagrant foul. 95% say NO

Big wuss holding his lip. Cry me a river !!!!!

Slipknot 04-30-2009 07:04 AM

well I'm all broken up about his bloody lip

Rondo falls a lot after his shots maybe it looks like he flops but he just gets up so high off balance, the rookie he's going against falls all the time with that whincing whiny face way more than anyone.

Ben Gordon is a damn good ball player, we should try to get him on our team next year.

The Dad Fisherman 04-30-2009 07:37 AM

You don't win Championships by giving Hard Fouls and Over-Acting, You need to play a good Clean Game like they did back in the Days of Bill Laimbeer......Yep Good Clean Games back then.....

Van 04-30-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 685343)
You don't win Championships by giving Hard Fouls and Over-Acting, You need to play a good Clean Game like they did back in the Days of Bill Laimbeer......Yep Good Clean Games back then.....

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!:laughs::laughs:

They had Jo Jo White on CSN and he was talking alot about the "overacting" and flopping. They didn't do that back in his day or cry about it........THEY JUST GOT EVEN !!!!!!!

Dad 818 04-30-2009 09:08 AM

If Trevor Ariza's foul late in the season against the Blazers wasn't flagrant, then there is no way Rondo's was. Finally a good ruling by the NBA.

ProfessorM 05-01-2009 05:52 PM

the good old days. When fouls were fouls. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8Da...eature=related

ProfessorM 05-01-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 685076)
Nobody in the NBA flops more than Rondo :doh:

LOL. I remember Johnny Most would call it a Stanislofsky flop.
Stanislofsky was a Russian actor who's methods were over over dramatic and exaggerate. Johnny was the best home town caller of any sport, game.

Van 05-01-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 685780)
LOL. I remember Johnny Most would call it a Stanislofsky flop.
Stanislofsky was a Russian actor who's methods were over over dramatic and exaggerate. Johnny was the best home town caller of any sport, game.

We used to watch the game on TV, while listening to johhny on the radio.

Hienhson (sp) is getting there too, some comments are way funny....
And man he don't like Miller !!!!!!