Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Obama's and Gibb's take on the Scott Brown election (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=61778)

buckman 01-25-2010 12:50 PM

Obama's and Gibb's take on the Scott Brown election

This is what you dumb a$$es really voted for. Why does Obama always have to explain stuff like this to you.

Now shut up and pay your taxes.

YouTube - Robert Gibbs Joins Obama - Says Massachusetts' Vote Was Not Against Obama's Radical Agenda

spence 01-25-2010 01:08 PM

While Obama is being pretty tricky here, I don't think the argument is baseless. They were both elected largely because of reaction against the status quo. Hence the remark about voters being angry...

-spence

RIJIMMY 01-25-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 742046)
While Obama is being pretty tricky here, I don't think the argument is baseless. They were both elected largely because of reaction against the status quo. Hence the remark about voters being angry...

-spence

what status quo? That would imply our current situation is Obama's doing and not the result of the "last" 8 years.

detbuch 01-25-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

-spence

Very tricky (deceitful? potatoes/puhtahtoes). Obama, being president and chief promulgator of the present status quo, is not part of reason the for the anger? Oh, let's throw in the previous eight years. The voters were still so angry at the Bush status quo that they voted for the candidate that was closer to it than the candidate who was the farthest from it?

scottw 01-25-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

-spence

"tartan on the lameometer" :rotf2::rotf2:

buckman 01-25-2010 02:00 PM

I love when the other side has no idea why they lost. It makes defeating them again very easy.

buckman 01-25-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

-spence

Well, he is the smartest man he knows:rotf2:

FishermanTim 01-25-2010 02:10 PM

Let's not forget Deval Patrick's lame connection as well.

Something along the lines of him also being a longshot, being elected against great odds... yeah, except he is a dem in a dem state backed by 85% of the state senate...yeah real long odds on that race!

I love the "you hated Bush so much that you voted in a Republican as a form of protest" explaination. Maybe they can write some cliffnotes explain how and why the stimulus package and heathcare bill will work and be successful? Then again maybe not!
I've lost less brain cells after a beer and shots bender.