Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Don't ask don't tell... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=61940)

spence 02-02-2010 07:46 PM

Don't ask don't tell...

Obama called for a repeal in the State of the Union Address.

Can we at least all agree this is a stupid law and that the US Military should aim to defend our country regardless of sexual orientation?

Isn't it incredibly unpatriotic to discount the incredible sacrifice of citizens who have served and given all? Are the US Marines so weak that they can't take a little fashion sense or citrus fragrance in the Humvee or LAV?

Discuss.

-spence

buckman 02-02-2010 08:11 PM

Much more important then the wars we are in, of which he spoke fewer words in his speach. I did notice that the Generals were not applauding this.

spence 02-02-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 744130)
I did notice that the Generals were not applauding this.

Top military officer: Gays should serve

Top military officer: Gays should serve - Military- msnbc.com

Gates Backs Repeal of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

FOXNews.com - Gates Backs Repeal of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

For the record I guess neither are Generals.

-spence

Joe 02-02-2010 09:21 PM

Bad idea. My old man was a Navy lifer - believe me, it's a bad idea.

Bronko 02-02-2010 10:34 PM

It post like this that take our eyes off the ball. Obama has more important things to fix.... like the college football bowl sysytem.:smash:

JohnnyD 02-03-2010 12:45 AM

This is insanity. You can't win wars by painting the enemy's nails, playing grabass and dressing up like a woman and singing show tunes.

Next, Obama's gonna want to let minorities and women into infantry.

The Dad Fisherman 02-03-2010 06:28 AM

How about "Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Care"...seriously.....none of my business. If someone does their job I really don't care what they do in their personal life.

Raven 02-03-2010 06:36 AM

there have been allot of females in the military that have been
raped.... so sexual orientation isn't so much the issue as is
having soldiers not raping one another or civilians either.

buckman 02-03-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 744163)
How about "Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Care"...seriously.....none of my business. If someone does their job I really don't care what they do in their personal life.

My feelings also. A non issue

scottw 02-03-2010 06:39 AM

Quote:

I agree, this thread is moot and idiotic ...who started it?? :rotf2::rotf2:

JohnR 02-03-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

As long as they do their job in a professional military like manner, let 'em in (or out :devil2:) . If they sashay across the deck like Carson Kressley, expect to be tossed overboard.

All said, not the biggest issue facing the military at the moment.