Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   HE SAVED THE WORLD (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=65665)

UserRemoved1 08-20-2010 07:59 AM

HE SAVED THE WORLD

Time for a VACATION :rotf2:

Oil spill and Iraq combat over, Obama takes break - Yahoo! News

UserRemoved1 08-20-2010 08:01 AM

BOY they're really milking this end of combat bullshat. Sounds to me like someone really wants to make this turd sound REAAAALLY good...

Bring the other 50k home and I'll acknowledge you did something. :smash:

spence 08-20-2010 08:39 AM

That story doesn't quote anyone talking about the exit of combat troops from Iraq.

Who's milking what again?

-spence

UserRemoved1 08-20-2010 08:44 AM

The headline sure does Spence :wave:

And so does the second line... "The Gulf oil leak is plugged. The last combat troops are out of Iraq. And Congress is on its own summer break."

ALL THE HARD WORK IS DONE. The world is saved.

FITTING...

Will bacteria count beach Barack Obama? - BostonHerald.com

JohnnyD 08-20-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& (Post 789151)
BOY they're really milking this end of combat bullshat. Sounds to me like someone really wants to make this turd sound REAAAALLY good...

Bring the other 50k home and I'll acknowledge you did something. :smash:

Quote:

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& (Post 789157)
The headline sure does Spence :wave:

And so does the second line... "The Gulf oil leak is plugged. The last combat troops are out of Iraq. And Congress is on its own summer break."

ALL THE HARD WORK IS DONE. The world is saved.

FITTING...

Will bacteria count beach Barack Obama? - BostonHerald.com

This is what happens when you consider an editorial as journalism. All of this is the opinion of one "reporter".

Raven 08-20-2010 10:02 AM

so ummmmm....

whats the deal on Camp David.... as a retreat.... :huh:

Barack! grab a fishing rod.... DUDE :)

fishsmith 08-20-2010 01:14 PM

Let him stay on vacation for the rest of his term, it's the best thing he can do for his party and his country, I mean America ... cause no one really knows where he's from :rotf2:

UserRemoved1 08-21-2010 08:47 AM

He's Barack Obama | Funny Video Animation by JibJab

Bronko 08-21-2010 09:15 AM

I'll tell you what, the one thing this guy does well it schedule time off for himself. He is very well versed at grabbing a quick 18 holes or sending/taking the family on vacation. A man of leisure.

buckman 08-21-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronko (Post 789388)
I'll tell you what, the one thing this guy does well it schedule time off for himself. He is very well versed at grabbing a quick 18 holes or sending/taking the family on vacation. A man of leisure.

42 rounds since he became POTUS. He must never sleep

UserRemoved1 08-22-2010 07:22 AM

This has been going on for months.

U.S. Mission in Iraq Turns Corner With Combat Brigade's 'Highly Symbolic Exit' | PBS NewsHour | Aug. 19, 2010 | PBS

UserRemoved1 08-22-2010 03:03 PM

pffft

Combat brigades in Iraq under different name - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

UserRemoved1 08-22-2010 03:10 PM

Worcester Telegram print edition today...

"Obama seeks to remind voters he successfully pulled out of Iraq"

"The White House wants to find a way to mark the moment and remind voters just two months before midterm elections that he delivered on his vow to pull out troops out of Iraq."

:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

UserRemoved1 08-22-2010 04:52 PM

First US soldier killed in Iraq since withdrawal of combat troops | World news | The Guardian

But barry got us out of Iraq :smash:

Nebe 08-22-2010 06:37 PM

smart man. Everyone knows the worlds gonna end then. :hihi:

UserRemoved1 08-26-2010 04:24 AM

Troops still deploying to Mideast from BIA - Bangor Daily News

LYING SACK OF %$%$%$%$

Raven 08-26-2010 04:58 AM

I'm wary of barry

spence 08-26-2010 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& (Post 790400)

So what your saying is we can't relieve the troops that are already there? I think scheduled deployments and rotations will still continue, just not for combat operations.

-spence

UserRemoved1 08-26-2010 07:10 AM

Point was it's combat forces going in again. Not the continued WITHDRAWAL of troops.

The Dad Fisherman 08-26-2010 08:09 AM

“It’s funny because the big thing on the news as we were getting ready to leave was all the big hoopla about all the combat forces coming out, so all the soldiers and their families are asking, ‘Why are we going?’” Lt. Col. Bryan Mullins said.

“Well, we said it was the difference between the guys whose job it is to fight versus guys whose primary job it is to help people, or secure people, who are doing something else,” he said.

“So we are combat arms soldiers — I’m a tanker, we’ve got other tankers and artillery. But our job in Iraq is primarily going to be to training Iraqi security forces, cops, the [Iraqi] army, the border forces — they’ve got huge border forces,” he said.

“We haven’t been able to pay a whole lot of attention to those over the first six years because we were too busy doing other stuff,” he said. “So now, on the back end of the mission, we’re going to spend a whole lot more time and energy on that.”

The unit also will provide security for U.S. State Department personnel while in the Middle East, he said.

“They’re going to go out and work with the local government, so we’re going to go out and secure them while they work so nothing happens during the meetings, during the trainings that they do,” he said.

“So it’s going to be lots of advising and supporting, with the distinction being that this is not a combat thing. We’re not focused on that. We don’t go out looking for bad guys or IEDs [improvised explosive devices],” he said.

UserRemoved1 08-26-2010 12:44 PM

Odierno: Iraqis Will Be Able to Handle Security | PBS NewsHour | Aug. 25, 2010 | PBS

RIJIMMY 08-26-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 790437)
“It’s funny because the big thing on the news as we were getting ready to leave was all the big hoopla about all the combat forces coming out, so all the soldiers and their families are asking, ‘Why are we going?’” Lt. Col. Bryan Mullins said.

“Well, we said it was the difference between the guys whose job it is to fight versus guys whose primary job it is to help people, or secure people, who are doing something else,” he said.

“So we are combat arms soldiers — I’m a tanker, we’ve got other tankers and artillery. But our job in Iraq is primarily going to be to training Iraqi security forces, cops, the [Iraqi] army, the border forces — they’ve got huge border forces,” he said.

“We haven’t been able to pay a whole lot of attention to those over the first six years because we were too busy doing other stuff,” he said. “So now, on the back end of the mission, we’re going to spend a whole lot more time and energy on that.”

The unit also will provide security for U.S. State Department personnel while in the Middle East, he said.

“They’re going to go out and work with the local government, so we’re going to go out and secure them while they work so nothing happens during the meetings, during the trainings that they do,” he said.

“So it’s going to be lots of advising and supporting, with the distinction being that this is not a combat thing. We’re not focused on that. We don’t go out looking for bad guys or IEDs [improvised explosive devices],” he said.

Iraqi militant translation - "we are going over to be easy targets, we wont be hunting them, so it will be easier for them to hunt us."

UserRemoved1 09-03-2010 11:56 AM

ON VACATION AGAIN

Obama to Comment Friday on Jobless Report - ABC News

:smash:

JohnR 09-03-2010 12:34 PM

I'm no Obama fan but weekends at Camp David have historically been working weekends.

I just hope they didn't redecorate their too :devil2:.

spence 09-03-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 792202)
I'm no Obama fan but weekends at Camp David have historically been working weekends.

I just hope they didn't redecorate their too :devil2:.

You should really focus on the Drudge Report as your main source of news...Much more exciting...

-spence

JohnR 09-03-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 792287)
You should really focus on the Drudge Report as your main source of news...Much more exciting...

-spence

I've read the Drudge Report twice as many times as I've read Huffington, about 2. I prefer NYT, WP, Atlantic, AT, MSNBC, and gasp Communist News Network, and groups of other sources ranging from Danger Room to The Belmont Club.

What are your top 5?