Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Spaceman returns (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=65925)

fishsmith 09-03-2010 10:51 AM

Spaceman returns

I was to young to really appreciate this guy, but my old man's flat out love for this guy makes me post.

Bill Lee Returns to the mound -->
Bill Lee will pitch for the Brockton Rox - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...4/bill-lee.jpg

If you've never been the Rox games are a good time Campanelli Stadium is a great place to watch a game.

Slipknot 09-03-2010 11:42 AM

we have tickets and i can't wait til Sunday
Bill Lee is cool
I enjoyed watching him pitch and can't wait to see him again, amazing at his age.
the guy is out there
great picture of him

The Dad Fisherman 09-03-2010 12:23 PM

You should watch the special on him on NESN......awesome. the guy plays by nobody's rules but his own......and he HATES the yank-mees :hee:

fishsmith 09-03-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 792197)
You should watch the special on him on NESN......awesome. the guy plays by nobody's rules but his own......and he HATES the yank-mees :hee:

I've seen it and I agree, it's awesome, his rules are good, that man is a giver.

BigFish 09-03-2010 03:33 PM

Big fan as a kid! He broke his pitching arm in a brawl with the yanks in 74' I think it was?? Yeah he hates em'!!

Slipknot 09-03-2010 03:42 PM

wrecked his shoulder from a cheapshot:fury::smash:
he has good reason to hate yankees

I saw that special, he's amazing

ProfessorM 09-03-2010 06:24 PM

one of a kind

outnumbered 09-03-2010 06:57 PM

Actually played in a charity golf tournament with him. He is just a nutty on the golf course. Realllllly hates the yanks and has some interesting views on the state of baseball. Great guy very personable with everyone involved that day.

SurfCaster413 09-04-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 792197)

Was to young to see him play but that special was great, absolute lover of the game.

Slipknot 09-07-2010 08:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
He got a great reception and he pitched really well considering his age. He went into 6 innings like I thought he might. The Rox won the game against former teammate Rich Gedmans' Worc. Hurricanes.
I spooted some guy in the crowd with a space suit on.
I brought my camera but forgot to put the memory card in it :wall: but my sister in law emailed some pics. We had fun just being there, at least I did.

He stands a little hunched over and is a bit bowlegged but he throws as good as a lot half his age. Faster than I can pitch for sure.

Slipknot 09-07-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outnumbered (Post 792310)
Actually played in a charity golf tournament with him. He is just a nutty on the golf course. Realllllly hates the yanks and has some interesting views on the state of baseball. Great guy very personable with everyone involved that day.

that's cool :kewl: :btu:

MarshCappa 09-08-2010 12:38 PM

Yea, good for him! I saw this on the news and was amazed. I have taken my family to several games over the years and really enjoy the place. We saw Oil Can pitch a couple of years ago and he didn't do nearly as well as Spaceman. We actually have season tickets at our office but I've only used them once this year. I'll try and get a playoff game in though seeing the Sox won't be in them! Oh and I also heard they ran out of food at the ballpark and got some bad feedback from the fans about that. One of the reports I read said Spaceman was at a local watering hole after the game for 4 hours drinking beers and signing autographs. They broke the mold with him for sure.

Slipknot 09-08-2010 01:17 PM

Ya it was a fundraiser for something about autism, 25 dollar donation to get in. he had a long day.

the food was also cold and way undercooked

the place was sold out, they could have planned better figuring for a sellout and had enough food but it happened before where they ran out of water.