Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Classifieds (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   CHUM GRINDER FOR SALE (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=6764)

AveMariaCharters 03-28-2003 12:00 AM

CHUM GRINDER FOR SALE

FOR SALE
USED #32 CHUM GRINDER WITH TRAY AND ROD MOUNT IN GOOD SHAPE
I BOUGHT IT COUPLE YEARS FRON BASS PRO SHOP FOR $270.00+ SHIPPING. I WILL SELL FOR $150.00.
CHECK OUT THE LINK FOR PICTURE AND INFO.
http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet...rTarget=search

Mr. Kav 03-28-2003 10:19 AM

how is it on frozen fish? herring or mackeral?

AveMariaCharters 03-28-2003 10:43 AM

IT GOES TRUE THEM LIKE BUTTER

AveMariaCharters 04-03-2003 12:12 PM

bump........

John from Madison, CT 04-08-2003 07:35 AM

Grinder

If by chance you want to sell this thing for something like $100, let me know.

I was going to make one from a $30 Ebay #32 Chum Grinder, but this would save me some work.

Drop me a line.

Thanks,

John

Notaro 04-08-2003 12:45 PM

will this do the clams and sandeels?

AveMariaCharters 04-08-2003 10:27 PM

NOTARO
YES IT WILL HANDLE ALL BAIT AND YOU CAN CHANGE THE OUTLET TO OTHER SIZES

Notaro 04-08-2003 11:03 PM

how much are you selling this? i would like to produce my own chum and it would save me time and energies because i don't have to attend to pete's or hilton dock's since i know that they produce many chum buckets.

JohnR 04-09-2003 06:56 AM

Sorry Mike but... Notaro, there are things which would benefit you significantly more than a chum grinder. Why do you think a chum grinder would benefit you over things like say, a rod, or reel, or plugs? Think mon ami ! $150 bucks will buy you a lightweight foldable bike for you to use the MBTA for fishin' transportation...

Mr. Sandman 04-09-2003 07:16 AM

I was looking for a decent used one and I just bought one (off ebay) last week. These things are heavy! Mine came with ball barrings, a shiv (pulley) set-up for both the grinder and a motor...I can either turn it by hand or hook it to an electric motor or better yet a briggs and stratton and power grind! This will keep down the stay pets from crapping in my yard!

Yours is not a bad deal beause the rod mounting set up is nice to have.

I don't plan to bring mine on board (too much stuff already) I just want to make fresh chum with bait I catch at home. yum!

Van 04-09-2003 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sandman:

This is what to do with your grinder...

I did not like the pulley that came with mine cause it will put a sideways force on the shaft and probably wear out.

Not to mention a spinning belt and pulley. So I did this..

Mr. Sandman 04-09-2003 08:30 AM

Van that is sweet! where did you get the transmission for the motor?

BigBo 04-09-2003 08:44 AM

Looks like a 5:1 or 10:1 Boston Gear gear reducer. Available in any Grainger catalog as well as the flex coupling. Good idea Van. I was thinking of something similar. I've got a couple of those reducers laying around my shop at work. Easy setup.

Van 04-09-2003 08:46 AM

I got lucky and found the motor and gear box in our scrap pile at
work. Retail value is about 300 $$ new. Motor and gear box reducer from Boston Gear. About 15:1 ..Maybe e-bay would have something similar..Like I said I got really lucky with finding it, I was also ready to go with the pulley till I came across it.
I have a machine shop here at work too so that made modifications easy..

A nice fellow on this board gave me a foot switch (not shown) and now the wiring is complete. It is ready to go...

I also purchased larger plates for the "beast" 3/8" and 1/2"
the one that comes with it is too small and will clog with fish scales and Guck...

I should be able to just drop fish in while sipping a cold one, and watch them squeeze out the other side into a pail or bag.
YUMMY :D

BIGBO:
Didn't think to check grainger, what $$ range ??

The coupler had to have different sizes on each end, that I found at Mcmaster carr catalog (online)

Mike: Sorry for hijacking your thread, but whoever buys your grinder will be smarter and able to make a nice machine out of her !!!!

Mr. Sandman 04-09-2003 08:50 AM

Exxxxxxxxxcellent ! I am there.

Thanks!

BigBo 04-09-2003 10:09 AM

Not real cheap in Grainger. About $250 - $400 just for the gear reducer alone. Anyone interested, I can see what I can scrape together here at work.

Notaro 04-13-2003 01:10 AM

true, true, u are defintely right about that, john. it wouldn't benefit me. alright, thanks again, john.