Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Canidates 2012 (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=69264)

justplugit 02-15-2011 11:14 AM

Canidates 2012

Trump is thinking of running and will decide before June.
Not crazy about the guy but we could use a successful business man
outside of politics to lead us out of this economic mess.

I'd like to see a Christie/Juliani ticket thrown in the race.
NO Nonsense guys who believes in cutting across the board no one exempt.

We will need a total American effort and sacrifice similar to the
WW- 2 war effort,where everyone sacrifices to really get
this economy and country back on track.
Good luck with that with this"ME" Generation.

Chesapeake Bill 02-15-2011 01:24 PM

You should read "The Next 100 Years" by George Freidman. It helps get an understanding of the global problem and just how much influence the president has...

RIJIMMY 02-15-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 837098)

We will need a total American effort and sacrifice similar to the
WW- 2 war effort,where everyone sacrifices to really get
this economy and country back on track.
Good luck with that with this"ME" Generation.

what sacrifices are you looking for?
personally, I thought the fact that I work to pay all my bills, pay close to half my salary in taxes and will pay 100% of my kids college tuition and fund my own retirement as enough. What more should I do?

scottw 02-15-2011 01:39 PM

I'm voting for Obama...I want to see just how much damage he can really do...:rotf2:

spence 02-15-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesapeake Bill (Post 837145)
You should read "The Next 100 Years" by George Freidman. It helps get an understanding of the global problem and just how much influence the president has...

Yes and no.

Certainly there are larger trends that an individual President really doesn't influence as much as they're given credit for. You could cite the economic gains after Carter (heavily influenced by global oil prices) and under Clinton (due to the Internet).

But within these cycles there's just smart business. I'd note that most companies that are well run tend to weather these storms, or benefit from these opportunities because they have a strong strategy and balance sheet going in.

We don't seem to have much of either right now.

-spence

Fly Rod 02-15-2011 02:43 PM

Looking at the list on the GOP side, it would be hard for me to pick one for President of this country at this time. Even hard to think of Trump since some of his business dealings have had some problems. That Jersey Gov., Christy may make a good President, but he isn't a popular person.

justplugit 02-15-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 837148)
what sacrifices are you looking for?
personally, I thought the fact that I work to pay all my bills, pay close to half my salary in taxes and will pay 100% of my kids college tuition and fund my own retirement as enough. What more should I do?

Your doing all the right things. Unfortunately there are many who are not.

The freeloaders and entitlements need to be cut along with a long hard look at soc sec, medicare, foreign aid and a host of other government hand out programs.
No politician has the guts to do it and no one wants it if it affects THEIR pocketbook.

justplugit 02-15-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Rod (Post 837162)
That Jersey Gov., Christy may make a good President, but he isn't a popular person.

Ya, and some have already said he is too heavy. Brillant thinking on
their part.

Raven 05-17-2011 02:05 AM

TRUMP is Gone..... too bad
i wanted him to shaft the Chinese with an import tax

bastids went to packy stan to see the helicopter tail section
technology after the bin laden raid

makes ya wonder don't it
technology thieves