Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   WTB MAKE IT PEARL (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=70978)

afterhours 05-10-2011 12:06 PM

WTB MAKE IT PEARL

wtb krylon make it pearl, i need a few cans to finish a project. anybody got any they don't need....

Raven 05-10-2011 01:08 PM

meaning

your local retailer(s) are out of Stock? :confused:

stripermaineiac 05-10-2011 01:19 PM

I contacted Krylon directly and they told me that it's been discontinued. i tried to get a couple cases and it was nogo. Ron

Bob Thomas 05-10-2011 02:17 PM

I'll take a look at our local hardware store. They used to have at TON of it. I'll see how much they have and post it to see if anyone wants some.

Raven 05-10-2011 03:10 PM

been lookin around Don

should someone locate it........ :huh:

how many cans do you need to finish your project?

afterhours 05-10-2011 03:16 PM

i'll take all i can get rav....i also use use it for a couple of other plugs.

blondterror 05-10-2011 03:31 PM

I will take a look at the ace hardware in lexington, MA to see if they have any...

stripermaineiac 05-10-2011 04:36 PM

Love all those VOC laws. bit by bit anything that works good or looks good is dissapearing from the market an being replaced by garbage.Sad part is with us being about the only country going by enviornmental rules we're the ones making the junk now.The tree hugger stuff is killin ux up here in Maine.LOL wait till they start tellin people they can't build on their property due to the clay-which is full of lead- making it a HazMat site Ron

chefchris401 05-10-2011 09:51 PM

I use the valspar pearls.

I'll check a few spots for you Don.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Slips'son 05-15-2011 07:01 AM

Don, I have a pretty large stash of a few colors even. Old but when well shaken, they work still. next time up this way, they're yours if you want them..

I haven't been online for a while, computer died had to go back to HP for new hard drive so I'm using Dan's laptop.

Raven 05-15-2011 07:58 AM

checked

@ michaels in Shrewberrie town

none there

stripermaineiac 05-15-2011 08:25 AM

Just finally got Lowes up here to talk with me about their pearlecent paint.They have pink pearl and lime pearl and are going to get some for me.I had to go to the store manager to get it.It's the Valspar pearl.Most places won't do special orders unless it's for a large amount including the small paint shops due to the shipping cost.Krylon has been getting a lot of request for their pearl since it was discontinued and are thinking about bringing it back as a seasonal item for around Easter next yr so it's something to keep an eye out for. I've got someone there who said he'll contact me if so. Who knows maybe he will. Ron