Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New Job (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=77580)

MarshCappa 05-16-2012 06:43 AM

New Job

I just resigned yesterday from my job of almost 6 years! I'm getting back into healthcare sales and took a regional sales consultant role with a fast rising medical distribution company. The position is home based with regional day travel. My first job in a home based scenario. I have the first two weeks of June off to fish!!!!! I plan on doing a lot of fishing and would love to meet some new faces so if anyone wants to get together let me know. Does anybody currently work from home? I'm looking forward to it.

The Dad Fisherman 05-16-2012 07:20 AM

I'm off Memorial day week to fish....give me a shout if you want to take the yak out and chase some stripers/flatties....thats my plan for the week at least.

Piscator 05-16-2012 08:10 AM

I work from home with some travel mixed in. It is great but you have to be discipline. I honestly don't fish much during to week (more due to kids than work). Try to get into a routine each day and it will help.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR 05-16-2012 08:37 AM

I work mostly from home (60%?) and I think it makes fishing time harder.

MarshCappa 05-16-2012 09:33 AM

Kevin that sounds great!! I'll get in touch with you and thanks for the offer.

Yea, establishing a routine early on will be key as far as work goes. I'll mostly be making calls on the days I'm home and scheduling appointments. We'll see how it goes but I needed a shake up and re charge of my career.

JohnnyD 05-16-2012 10:36 AM

On Dec 31 of this year, I left my previous company that I was with for 7 years full-time and at some capacity for 5 years before that. Working from home for the past 5 months definitely has its challenges. You never really "leave the office" so I find it takes disciple to be like "that's it, I'm done for today". Unfortunately, my "done for today" seems to be coming at 8 or 9pm.

Fishing has definitely taken a hit. Usually by now, I'd have fished freshwater at least 20 times... been out three times.

Best of luck to you. Focus and discipline are the key, but make sure you make yourself "punch-out".

Raven 05-16-2012 03:00 PM

you have to be your own mean drill Sargent

and when you say "can't" that's when you
have to say: "i can't therefore i must"
a saying by Tony Robins

Slingah 05-17-2012 06:37 PM

Congrats Cappa.....

striperman36 05-17-2012 07:49 PM

Friday, I am done with a 4 mo stint full time in NYC. Befre that it was a 6 mo mostly in KC. I'm doing the at home thing 3 days a week this summer.
I'm doing alot of exercise in between stints on both. and fish when I can, 1 day a week is in the office in Middletown, following by race night on the Catalina 31