Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Classifieds (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cottage in Matunuck RI, walk to beach, fishing (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=77888)

RIJIMMY 06-06-2012 08:08 AM

Cottage in Matunuck RI, walk to beach, fishing

3 Attachment(s)
Selling my familes cottage in Matunuck RI. This is one of my favorite places in the world but I can't maintain it 2000 miles away.
This place is walking distance to fantastic surcasting, Deep Hole, Carpenters Bar. Below is the language from Craigslist and some pics.
Its move in ready, you can spend your weekends and vacation there NOW! $110,000. Land is co-owned, not leased.
PM me if you're interested.

Jim

Affordable RI Beachside cottage - Matunuck

Own your own place walking distance to the beach in beautiful Matunuck Rhode Island. Rhode Island has amazing beaches, in addition to the ocean across the street, you are close to Narragansett, Newport and Westerly. Unlike many of the cottages in the area, the LAND IS NOT LEASED!!! You own 1/26th of the property as part of Blackbeard's Homeowners Association. The cottage consists of a refurbished trailer and add on extension. 2 bedrooms, eat in kitchen, family room - 4 rooms in all. Cottage will be sold mostly furnished - bunk beds, full bed, dining room table, television, dvd/vhs player, refrigerator. Propane heater and stove.Vinyl siding, indoor shower, rubber roof. The Association has a shared septic system. South Kingstown beach is right across the street, walking distance to market, ice cream shop, pizza place, Ocean Mist bar/grill. Fantastic fishing and surfing within walking distance. Matunuck is a wonderful beachfront community. Season runs from mid-April to October.
Our family is moving out of state. This is an opportunity to purchase before we list with a broker - we will pass the commission savings on to you. This beachside home has brought our family many wonderful memories. Imagine your own beach cottage for a little over 100k and instead of the leased associations in the area, you are invested in the land and not pay a lease. Annual fees are $1000 to cover taxes, water, garbage removal and other park expenses.
Spend less time in traffic, come experience the laid back community of Matunuck and own your own piece of the good life.

zacs 06-06-2012 09:23 AM

wow awesome opportunity for someone. sucks that you have to let it go, Jimmy.

fishbones 06-06-2012 10:49 AM

Jim, just keep it and pay me to care for it for you. By care for it I mean I'll stay there on weekends during the summer to make sure the pipes don't freeze, etc... Then when you come back for a visit, it will be all ready for you.

striperman36 06-06-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 942917)
Jim, just keep it and pay me to care for it for you. By care for it I mean I'll stay there on weekends during the summer to make sure the pipes don't freeze, etc... Then when you come back for a visit, it will be all ready for you.

I'll help too.

fishbones 06-06-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striperman36 (Post 943001)
I'll help too.

Sounds good, Bill. But we're sleeping in separate rooms.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

striperman36 06-06-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 943006)
Sounds good, Bill. But we're sleeping in separate rooms.

I thought you were sleepin with Spence.

RIJIMMY 06-08-2012 09:26 AM

good idea - get 4 guys from the site to pitch in 25K each.
Develop a calendar from mid-april to mid -october. Divide up the weeks/weekends. You and your families will love it and you'll be near great fishing and beaches. Well worth the $$$.

RIJIMMY 06-11-2012 10:44 AM

listing with a realtor this week.

Price will be $99K

RIROCKHOUND 06-11-2012 11:26 AM

Jim. Have you thought about hiring a property manager and renting it out weekly or even for the summer? Then you have it to come back to when you realize how much texas sucks...

Redsoxticket 06-11-2012 11:31 AM

Seasonal property ?

RIJIMMY 06-11-2012 12:35 PM

yes - season is mid-April through mid-October

RIJIMMY 06-18-2012 08:53 AM

heres a vid

836 Matunuck Beach Rd Unit 21

fcap60 06-18-2012 01:08 PM

RI Jimmy:

If you have a gold VS on your rod, I may have seen you walking back to the trailer. I was in the area early AM last weekend and say a guy with a VS crossing the street into the trailer lot

Jay Dog 06-18-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcap60 (Post 944842)
RI Jimmy:

If you have a gold VS on your rod, I may have seen you walking back to the trailer. I was in the area early AM last weekend and say a guy with a VS crossing the street into the trailer lot

Stalking again huh Frank

RIJIMMY 06-26-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcap60 (Post 944842)
RI Jimmy:

not me, Im younger and handsomer but I know the guy you saw, I've been seeing him for years out there.

RIROCKHOUND 06-26-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 946097)
not me, Im younger and handsomer but I know the guy you saw, I've been seeing him for years out there.

Jezzuz Pardner...... he must be one ugly mofo then....

zacs 06-26-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 946099)
Jezzuz Pardner...... he must be one ugly mofo then....

one OLD ugly mofo.

Any movement of the cottage, RIJ?

piemma 06-26-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zacs (Post 946119)
one OLD ugly mofo.

Any movement of the cottage, RIJ?

Not me! :chased: