Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Get out and Vote!!! No excuses!! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=79862)

Saltheart 11-05-2012 12:18 PM

Get out and Vote!!! No excuses!!

Get Out and Vote Tomorrow

Its your right and your duty as an American!!.

FishNH 11-05-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltheart (Post 967554)
Get Out and Vote Tomorrow

Its your right and your duty as an American!!.

:agree:

RIJIMMY 11-05-2012 12:35 PM

yeah but, given the choice between a goat poop sandwich or chicken turd nuggets, I'd rather not eat even if its my duty.

1dozenraw 11-05-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 967560)
yeah but, given the choice between a goat poop sandwich or chicken turd nuggets, I'd rather not eat even if its my duty.

Very patriotic.

I'm voting... as always. If guys are willing to die to preserve democracy, I am sure going to be willing to exercise my right to make my choice known.

fishbones 11-05-2012 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll vote tomorrow. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out how to vote multiple times like this guy.

Piscator 11-05-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Then vote as a write in "none of the above". It's still a vote..........and you still have the right to complain no matter who wins.

The Dad Fisherman 11-05-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

You can always order something not on the menu....

My son is excited because this is his 1st Presidential election he gets to vote in....I'm going to go down there with him and enjoy it.

RIJIMMY 11-05-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1dozenraw (Post 967563)
Very patriotic.

I'm voting... as always. If guys are willing to die to preserve democracy, I am sure going to be willing to exercise my right to make my choice known.

how is that unpatriotic? trust me, I spend more time in local politics than most and I am very informed in Federal. I think I probably have more posts in our political forum than anyone here, not that that matters. Your choice is limited by what the two parties are providing. Pretty lame choice in IMHO. The choices this cycle suck, plain and simple. A law professor and a lame state governor. Wow. I really feel comfortable putting the lives of my kids in their hands.

1dozenraw 11-05-2012 02:12 PM

OK.. too quick on the keyboard.

I don't go on political forums on non-political websites, so I have no way of knowing what is posted there. I vote because that's how we do it in the US. I figure if there are folks defending the process then it deserves my showing up to participate. But that's just me.

1dozenraw 11-05-2012 02:16 PM

:btu:
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 967577)
You can always order something not on the menu....

My son is excited because this is his 1st Presidential election he gets to vote in....I'm going to go down there with him and enjoy it.

Nice. Lucky you and lucky him.

Mr. Sandman 11-05-2012 02:22 PM

WILL DO (right after I get back from tog fishing)

striperman36 11-05-2012 02:32 PM

Ron Paul

JohnnyD 11-05-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 967579)
how is that unpatriotic? trust me, I spend more time in local politics than most and I am very informed in Federal. I think I probably have more posts in our political forum than anyone here, not that that matters. Your choice is limited by what the two parties are providing. Pretty lame choice in IMHO. The choices this cycle suck, plain and simple. A law professor and a lame state governor. Wow. I really feel comfortable putting the lives of my kids in their hands.

Our two-party dominated system is broken. Both side provide welfare to their voting base - one social welfare and the other corporate welfare - and unfortunately both sides want do stomp on our civil liberties and live within our bedrooms. Dems and Repubs are merely two sides of the same coin.

Washington is broken through and through... and that is why when I dropped off my absentee ballot last week, I voted Libertarian.

RIJIMMY 11-05-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1dozenraw (Post 967586)
OK.. too quick on the keyboard.

I don't go on political forums on non-political websites, so I have no way of knowing what is posted there. I vote because that's how we do it in the US. I figure if there are folks defending the process then it deserves my showing up to participate. But that's just me.

I defend the process but feel we are being cheated overall. I always vote and plan on doing so this year. I am just so disheartned by the process and candidates.

The Dad Fisherman 11-05-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 967599)
I defend the process but feel we are being cheated overall. I always vote and plan on doing so this year. I am just so disheartned by the process and candidates.

Welcome to my World....

1dozenraw 11-05-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 967599)

Yes... I get that. But glad you vote anyway.

Saltheart 11-05-2012 06:17 PM

Doesn't matter if you vote for King Tut or Mickey Mouse. Just go so they know we are out here and on any given election day you may decide to vote for or against one of them and not only Mickey. It keeps them on their toes!

MAKAI 11-05-2012 06:40 PM

If none of the above was on the ballot, and it got the most votes? Hmmmmmm........ do over with qualified candidates.
I vote, but I feel I'm choosing between balls in a vice or pencil in the eye.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

stripermaineiac 11-05-2012 07:06 PM

Oh so true. How'd we end up with 2 idiots to choose from with all the good educated feeling patriots that are out there. Too much greed an welfare on both sides. I'll do my part as I always do.

The Dad Fisherman 11-06-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripermaineiac (Post 967663)
How'd we end up with 2 idiots to choose from with all the good educated feeling patriots that are out there.

Because anybody with 1/2 a brain isn't going to put up with all the BS that goes with Campaigning.

Slingah 11-06-2012 06:06 AM

heading out in a few minutes...polls open @ 7.......
VOTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob Rockcrawler 11-06-2012 06:35 AM

I will be there in an hour.

Raider Ronnie 11-06-2012 06:41 AM

VOTE OBAMA AND EVERY OTHER #^&#^&#^&#^&ING LIBERAL OUT

Clammer 11-06-2012 06:41 AM

going to sell fish & then vote . then fish again before the weather W & T .

Remember is you DON,t vote ............SHUT THE F UCK UP :wall::wall:

Raider Ronnie 11-06-2012 06:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
VOTE THIS POS OUT !

spence 11-06-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 967722)
VOTE OBAMA AND EVERY OTHER #^&#^&#^&#^&ING LIBERAL OUT

I'm not even a fan of Warren but I can't wait to see her win just cause I know how far it will go up... :faga:

Soon my write in vote for Lyndon Larouche will be cast!

-spence

piemma 11-06-2012 07:45 AM

Polls opened at 7:00 AM. We were there at 10 till. Line all the way down the outside of the building. DONE!!

fishsmith 11-06-2012 07:56 AM

Done and done. That was one line I didn't mind waiting in. Good to see so many at the polls.

MAKAI 11-06-2012 08:54 AM

Done !
Anti-Bolshevic.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Clammer 11-06-2012 09:04 AM

I went by @ 6.45 ,,,line outside & around the corner .........sold fish , has breakfast ,,,,,,,,,,,went ,still busy . But not line with M.s >>>>>>>>>>> voted ..going fishing <><<:fishin: