Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   So anybody get these Obama gifts Romney is saying sank his election? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=80022)

striperman36 11-15-2012 01:13 PM

So anybody get these Obama gifts Romney is saying sank his election?

I didn't get an Obama Gift, siggghh

RIJIMMY 11-15-2012 01:27 PM

for a top notch busineman, romney has some serious trouble communicating. His message gets lost in how he says it.

mosholu 11-15-2012 02:19 PM

How come with Obama these are "gifts" to get votes and with Mitt cutting taxes on cap gains and dividends were policies. I have given up on all these guys.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PaulS 11-15-2012 02:29 PM

The RNC just came out with a report that blamed other reasons - changing demos, Sandy, GWB and Romney's not connecting/appealing (something like that) w/the middle class.

RIJIMMY 11-15-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosholu (Post 969755)
How come with Obama these are "gifts" to get votes and with Mitt cutting taxes on cap gains and dividends were policies. I have given up on all these guys.

I can answer that.
None of Obamas "gifts" - contraceptives, student loans, high taxes on wealthy tie at all to creating jobs or stimulating the economy. There is no means to an end.

Romneys proposed policies that would stimulate the economy - these are means to an end. Lower taxes, businesses hire, tax revenues increase. Low cap gains, stumulate middle class investment and savings.
There is a difference

Jim in CT 11-15-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosholu (Post 969755)

Easy answer - what Romney wants to do is confiscate less from people who take risks and create wealth. "Confiscating less" from someone, is not the same thing as giving them a gift. As a group, liberals seem to have a tough time distinguishing between those 2 things.

ReelinRod 11-15-2012 06:01 PM

45,000,000+ total on Foodstamps + 400,000 new "enrollees" in August = Purchased Election for President Barack Gibsmedat

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/...psfff56523.jpg

striperman36 11-15-2012 06:50 PM

If AMT is not adjusted anybody who makes a joint income above 75,000 is going to in that line too

JohnnyD 11-16-2012 09:42 AM

Considering most people on this forum seem to either work hard or are retired, I'd expect few if any around here are receiving Obama's ever-increasing gifts.

Fly Rod 11-16-2012 09:52 AM

I only paid towards the gifts....no free B's yet...trying to convince the mrs. we need to put what we have in a black box and take out as needed....and only then we can get the hand outs....after 40 years of work I feel I deserve it....why not get a free cell phone...my heat paid for and pay no taxes and get about 4,000 back when filing with the IRS....what a country...no place like America

striperman36 11-16-2012 09:59 AM

I've tried to work out that black box thing, Haven't found a way to get that to work out so all my assets and incoming income go in and I draw a stipend as needed. Maybe I don't have enough to fill the box in.

Piscator 11-16-2012 10:18 AM

C’mon guys, tis the season. This is a time of giving, not receiving.

Fly Rod 11-16-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piscator (Post 969912)
C’mon guys, tis the season. This is a time of giving, not receiving.

we give plenty....need to beat the wife to the mail box...looked in the mailbox a thank you card from Pathways for the donation...picked up the newspapaper front page headline...Pathways receives 2.5 million from uncle sam....told the wife no more giving... give it to grand kids...:)

Piscator 11-16-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Rod (Post 969936)
we give plenty....need to beat the wife to the mail box...looked in the mailbox a thank you card from Pathways for the donation...picked up the newspapaper front page headline...Pathways receives 2.5 million from uncle sam....told the wife no more giving... give it to grand kids...:)

Yup, we are changing our ways of donating too (not that we can afford to give much away anyway) but with the Government distributing it for us, we are going to have to take ourselves out of the game...............Someone called on Tuesday asking for money and I told them straight up, can't do it this year, going to have to put that money to increased taxes.

JohnnyD 11-16-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piscator (Post 969939)
Someone called on Tuesday asking for money and I told them straight up, can't do it this year, going to have to put that money to increased taxes.

Bingo! It gets tougher and tougher to justify charitable donations each year when Uncle Scam keeps coming for more and more more for "donations".

Piscator 11-16-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 969947)
Bingo! It gets tougher and tougher to justify charitable donations each year when Uncle Scam keeps coming for more and more more for "donations".

Pretty much what Joe Biden has been doing for years. What a puke for a human being.

likwid 11-16-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 969947)

Don't ever donate a boat.
You will not see anything until whoever it is donated to sells it.
Then it'll be for whatever they sold it for. :hihi:

Fly Rod 11-16-2012 08:29 PM

I would rather invite a dozen needy people to a thanksgiving diner then to give my monies to charity...tryinto figure it out so only people in need( maybe with kids) apply for one of two sittings at thanks giving