Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Ice Fishing (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Ice & Ice Safety Resources (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=80519)

The Dad Fisherman 12-21-2012 10:51 AM

Ice & Ice Safety Resources
 
Figured I'd put up a sticky where we can post resources to assist in getting people on the ice safely.

Found this chart of Temperatures effects on Making ice. May help some what.

http://fishingvermont.net/images/Ice/Ice_th1.jpg

The Dad Fisherman 12-21-2012 10:55 AM

Safe Ice Thickness Chart


http://www.almanac.com/sites/new.alm...ethickness.jpg

The Dad Fisherman 12-21-2012 11:09 AM

Video on what to do if you fall through the ice....

Survival in the Ice - Part 1 - YouTube

WESTPORTMAFIA 12-22-2012 11:10 PM

This is what I wear. A must have.
ARCTIC ARMOR, Ultimate Cold Weather Suit by idi gear (IVDN.ob) - YouTube
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

WESTPORTMAFIA 12-22-2012 11:13 PM

More videos
Videos of Arctic Armor in Action!

WESTPORTMAFIA 12-22-2012 11:26 PM

They still have the Green Bay edition for $269 if you can deal with the colors. That's what I have. I couldn't see paying over $100 more to have better colors. The suit is warm as hell in even minus conditions. This will be my 3rd season with it. No rips, tears or broken zippers. Quality stuff. You can buy other suits in the 150-300 range that don't float. This is a no brainer.

fishbones 12-24-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WESTPORTMAFIA (Post 976281)
They still have the Green Bay edition for $269 if you can deal with the colors. That's what I have. I couldn't see paying over $100 more to have better colors. The suit is warm as hell in even minus conditions. This will be my 3rd season with it. No rips, tears or broken zippers. Quality stuff. You can buy other suits in the 150-300 range that don't float. This is a no brainer.

How do the sizes run on those and do you buy them directly from Arctic Armor? As for the colors, you're gonna look goofy in whatever you wear.

WESTPORTMAFIA 12-25-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 976474)
How do the sizes run on those and do you buy them directly from Arctic Armor? As for the colors, you're gonna look goofy in whatever you wear.

Call them for sizing. I ended up with a different size bib from jacket since I'm a short Portagee. I called before I ordered my size and I'm pretty sure I spoke to the owner. He was very helpful and pleasant.

jonserfish 12-29-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WESTPORTMAFIA (Post 976621)
I spoke to the owner. He was very helpful and pleasant.

how about when you were done harrassing him? :huh:

WESTPORTMAFIA 12-30-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonserfish (Post 976951)
how about when you were done harrassing him? :huh:

Only talked to him once when I called for sizing he answered when I called IDI

WESTPORTMAFIA 12-08-2013 11:46 PM

Bump if anyone is looking for a warm ice suit that is safe
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Fish On 01-15-2014 10:47 PM

enjoyed the videos Dad. thanks for sharing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com