Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Rich People Are Rude.... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=83053)

GonnaCatchABig1 07-22-2013 07:16 PM

Rich People Are Rude....

give the whole video a chance... interesting indeed..

http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/201...pens-next.html

fishbones 07-24-2013 11:24 AM

That video is stupid.

Jenn 07-24-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 1007480)
That video is stupid.

You must be rich! :)

justplugit 07-25-2013 09:48 AM

My experience shows it depends on wethere it's new money or old.
My daughter lives in one of the wealthiest areas in the state where money has been in the families for generations. I have never found nicer or more courteous people in general.
No noses up in the air.

On the other hand a few towns over from me there is a town with a lot of "new money yuppies" that are a pain in the arse. The women go to the food store dressed up like they are going out for dinner and going to a show just to buy food with they're noses in the air and that "it's all about me look." The men are no different and have that "get out of my way it's ME attitude" look how important I am.

FishermanTim 07-25-2013 10:11 AM

It makes sense.
How many of us have come across the "entitled" ones, you know the ones who are ready to pull the "Do you know who I am?" line when they want to feel better about themselves and their pathetic lives?

Old money shouild be specified as original wealth held by older, more grounded people and not just money handed down from parents to kids.
Once you get into the "hand-me-down cash scenario it becomes a different ballgame. Many of these trust fund babies haven't earned their fortunes and automatically begin thinking that they are entitled to everything more than anyone else solely based on who they are or who their daddy was.

Keep in mind that most people that "come into money" end up being snobby based on what they perceive they should be like and what they have been exposed to in the media.

So, yes, the video is spot on!

fishbones 07-25-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 1007617)

So, yes, the video is spot on!

One of the most idiotic and off base comments ever posted on this site. And there have been some real doozies recently.

Hang out in the line at your local welfare or food stamps office, r even Walmart. Tell me if you see anyone rude there. Or better yet, just watch everyone on the road driving and let me know if you see any people driving #^&#^&#^&#^&boxes cutting someone off. This video was clearly made by someone with an agenda knowing that people who aren't very bright would jump all over it as fact.

Swimmer 07-26-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 1007630)
One of the most idiotic and off base comments ever posted on this site. And there have been some real doozies recently.

Hang out in the line at your local welfare or food stamps office, r even Walmart. Tell me if you see anyone rude there. Or better yet, just watch everyone on the road driving and let me know if you see any people driving #^&#^&#^&#^&boxes cutting someone off. This video was clearly made by someone with an agenda knowing that people who aren't very bright would jump all over it as fact.

Well said bones
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

WESTPORTMAFIA 07-26-2013 09:06 AM

And don't be fooled. Half those people driving the Benz and bmws are poor as fuk!

Nebe 07-26-2013 09:24 AM

There is a great deal of difference between rich people and wealthy people.

Jackbass 07-26-2013 09:39 AM

I can't tell the difference between the rich and the poor anymore. All I know is I feel poor and I just filled out a mortgage app that makes me look like I have some money. People in general are rude. The 1% is a BS number invented by a campaign strategist to alienate people with money and gain votes for those that feel dis enfranchised by "big business" and "corporate America". People are going to accept a hand out as long as its there for them to accept. A union with stagnant people will kill this country.

Nebe 07-26-2013 09:42 AM

The 1% thing is real jackbass. If I remember right, 1% of the people in this country own 90% of the wealth. Think about that.

Jackbass 07-26-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1007704)
The 1% thing is real jackbass. If I remember right, 1% of the people in this country own 90% of the wealth. Think about that.

Has that changed much over the past ten twenty thirty forty years? And the characterization that they are fat cat right wingers that's pretty truthful also? None of them are left of center? Say a guy like Buffet? Or Jobs before his death? To me that is the BS. How did these people acquire wealth? If we were to "re-distribute" the money it would wind up back with those that acquired it by working for it with in ten years.

Guppy 07-26-2013 09:55 AM

My wealth took a huge jump today,,, just learned grnd kid #8 on the way!!! Talk about rich! :)
Ear to ear grin, Gup

spence 07-26-2013 09:57 AM

Is not that bad
But the top 5 percent hold the majority and their incomes are rising much faster than the rest.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1007704)

Jackbass 07-26-2013 10:05 AM

I just think instead of demonizing the wealthy maybe people in our government should be looking to them on how to turn our economic situation around. They have obviously have a clue when it comes to acquiring wealth. As opposed to life long Bureaucrats and people who have been working in the public sector their entire existence, which includes our sitting POTUS. If you have never had to make your paycheck through sales installation what ever. I understand government is big business but if ones bottom line is largely unaffected by the performance of the "business" how could they possibly have a vested interest in how well it does? It seems as though the private sector has clear consequence for poor performance.

Unfortunately some of these ideas don't equate to votes.

Nebe 07-26-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackbass (Post 1007706)
Has that changed much over the past ten twenty thirty forty years? And the characterization that they are fat cat right wingers that's pretty truthful also? None of them are left of center? Say a guy like Buffet? Or Jobs before his death? To me that is the BS. How did these people acquire wealth? If we were to "re-distribute" the money it would wind up back with those that acquired it by working for it with in ten years.

It hasn't changed much. The problem we are facing now is personal wage stagnation wages have not increased at the same rate as the cost of living. That right there is "wealth" redistribution. Globalization isn't helping either. Companies just outsource jobs (out biggest export) to countries with cheap labor.
Our politicians sold us out to corporate greed. They loosened laws that protected the American worker (nafta).
Until things change, you and myself will get poorer. Our wages will stay the same and our cost of living will keep getting higher.

Jackbass 07-26-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 1007708)
My wealth took a huge jump today,,, just learned grnd kid #8 on the way!!! Talk about rich! :)
Ear to ear grin, Gup

Congrats!!!

FishermanTim 07-26-2013 10:44 AM

How many of us ACTUALLY listened to the video, and didn't just focus on the "rich = rude" tagline???

Did anyone happen to see the Monopoly game scenario?

The idea was that PERCEIVED wealth makes people act like jack-holes.
ACTUAL wealth, being old money, earned wealth, well those folks tended to be more philanthropic.

As for the welfare angle fishbones, that falls into the "perceived" wealth category which created the whole new "entitlement" angle.
(Remember from the Monopoly game scenario where the winners felt they deserved to win? Welfare creates that same affect: money for nothing, so I MUST deserve it!)

So I stand by my statement.

GonnaCatchABig1 07-28-2013 12:52 AM

I see the title worked...

I think it's interesting, cause after watching the video, I thought about how i act when I'm up big in monopoly, I do act like a jerk when I buy things. I don't think I would enjoy winning too much if I was given an unfair advantage though.

Fly Rod 07-28-2013 08:35 AM

My wife and I RRRRRR not rude...:)

The Dad Fisherman 07-28-2013 09:50 AM

I'm a #^&#^&#^&#^&.....and I'm not rich :hee: