Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [Fly Fishing] Mount Washington, NH Area (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=83803)

Green Light 10-06-2013 07:41 PM

[Fly Fishing] Mount Washington, NH Area

Hi!

I will be up at the Mount Washington hotel latter this month for a conference. Whilst I am there, it's absolutely logical that I fly fish! ;-)

Any suggestions on a river, stream, or brook that has evidence of fish life?

I am NOT asking for GPS coordinates, just general area.

The you in advance for your much appreciated feedback.

Dick Durand 10-07-2013 07:36 AM

Just west of the hotel on Rt. 302 the Ammonoosuc River has some nice trout pools, which are easily accesssed. There are certainly other ponds and streams in the area that are productive as well. You might consider getting info at a ranger station.

FishermanTim 10-07-2013 09:56 AM

double check the fishing rules as some waterways may be restricted, and certain species are off limit during the fall.

I know salmon and lake trout are out of season from 9/30 - 12/31.

If you are good to go, have a great time!

bostonharbor 10-07-2013 09:53 PM

Pm me I have a camp nearby.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

likwid 10-08-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 1016618)
double check the fishing rules as some waterways may be restricted, and certain species are off limit during the fall.

I know salmon and lake trout are out of season from 9/30 - 12/31.

If you are good to go, have a great time!

What he said.

Also bang through n cornflake village going north, hang a left just after EMS onto River Road.
Turnoffs on both side at the river, hike south along the river, a million pools and spots to be had that should be relatively low pressure right now with the tourists gone.

Also with the Ammo right there next to the hotel, there's about a billion holes and spots you could work.

tattoobob 10-08-2013 07:36 PM

There are some ponds in those mountains that are a mile or so walk to and are stocked by helicopter they get little pressure because the average fisherman are lazy, check the NH wildlife trout stocking web page for info I think most are fly fishing only

tattoobob 10-08-2013 07:38 PM

It also maybe hunting season you my want to wear safety colors in the woods

Nebe 10-08-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 1016871)
What he said.

Also bang through n cornflake village going north, hang a left just after EMS onto River Road.
Turnoffs on both side at the river, hike south along the river, a million pools and spots to be had that should be relatively low pressure right now with the tourists gone.

Also with the Ammo right there next to the hotel, there's about a billion holes and spots you could work.

Spot burner!!!!!

likwid 10-10-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1016895)
Spot burner!!!!!

FF only spot burner!