Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   sox's (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=84024)

ProfessorM 10-27-2013 08:22 AM

sox's

What in the hell was Salty doing throwing that ball last nite? Man you going to tell me we are going to loose this thing becasue of 2 third base errors. Neither one should have been thrown. Why was Ross not in there that late in game for defense. To be honest after the first inning I thought they were toast and to come back and loose that way is a bummer. Umps got it right according to rule. Going to see how good they can grind tonite, they better. Nava and Ross better be in there tonight.

nightfighter 10-27-2013 08:42 AM

Yup. Umps got that call right.
But I question putting in Middlebrook for Drew and not pinch hitting Napoli in second spot for the pitcher in the ninth... How do you end that game with Napoli still on the bench? Boegarts would have gotten to both the throw from Salty AND the 2 rbi double by Holliday IMO. And the ball that got past Ortiz.... with Napoli on the bench?
On to game four. Hope Buccoltz has a pair.... Can't imagine not wanting to pitch/play in a World Series.

The Dad Fisherman 10-27-2013 08:49 AM

Exactly....I thought Farrell really mismanaged that game last night. I was losing my mind wondering why the hell Workman Was batting in the 9th of a tie ball game with both Napoli AND Gomes sitting on the bench....Series may not make it back to Boston if they don't wake up quick.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

nightfighter 10-27-2013 08:59 AM

Gomes had already pinch hit...K

First complete game I've seen of the whole post season. Injured my back yesterday and that was only reason I hadn't fallen asleep...

striperman36 10-27-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1019308)
Exactly....I thought Farrell really mismanaged that game last night. I was losing my mind wondering why the hell Workman Was batting in the 9th of a tie ball game with both Napoli AND Gomes sitting on the bench....Series may not make it back to Boston if they don't wake up quick.

Workman hitting? That was true, cluelessness

ProfessorM 10-27-2013 11:54 AM

should have let Dubront continue too IMO.

Saltheart 10-27-2013 06:04 PM

Lets hope for an uneventful win tonight with no tossing the ball around like nervous little leaguers. We need to win tonight. We NEED to win tonight.

Sea Dangles 10-27-2013 09:35 PM

Gomes goes deep,the dude is creepy but clutch.

FishermanTim 10-28-2013 11:35 AM

Love that Uehara pickoff move!
The pinchrunner AND the batter were dumbfounded!

I told my family abnd friends that this was not going to be like the 2004 world series. St Louis has developed a better team base and farm system, making them a true contender for who knows how long!

Both teams have made their mistakes, and both teams have had their shining moments as well.

Only time will tell who has the power and desire to go all the way!!!

PaulS 10-28-2013 12:56 PM

Maybe next game I'll just turn it on in the 9th. Weird endings.

Saltheart 10-28-2013 04:22 PM

Our production at the plate is dismal. We need more hits from the rest of the order. only about 6 of the 9 batters are doing anything.

That whole pickoff thing was weird. I think Beltran was ready to strangle the pinch runner.

fishbones 10-28-2013 10:12 PM

That Lester is pretty good.

Raider Ronnie 10-29-2013 06:16 AM

Lackey can go from joke to legend with a win in game 6

Sea Dangles 10-29-2013 06:45 AM

He erased the joke part this season to anyone paying attention.

Raider Ronnie 10-29-2013 10:04 AM

I said from joke to legend for anyone paying attention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1019501)
He erased the joke part this season to anyone paying attention.

FishermanTim 10-29-2013 11:18 AM

One thing I noticed and LOVED last night was some of the batters were swinging away at the first pitch! Since the pitchers were so used to getting that first strike as almost a given, they had to change their approach as the game went on because of the first pitch swinging.

That's how we scored the first run.

Then it boiled down to who could baffle the most batters, although no one was able to baffle Ortiz last night!

Buckholtz is slated to start tomorrow, but depending on how he does and how our batters do, it could also fall on the bullpen (which seemed to get the night off last night).

Mark my words.....St Louis doesn't seem like a team that will give up without a fight.

Let the game begin and may the best team win.

Oh, and no obscure controvercial plays please????

fishbones 10-29-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 1019532)

Buckholtz is slated to start tomorrow, but depending on how he does and how our batters do, it could also fall on the bullpen (which seemed to get the night off last night).

Lackey is scheduled to pitch tomorrow and Peavy will start game 7 if it gets to that. Bucholtz said he'd be available to come out of the bullpen if needed for games 6 or 7. I'm pretty confident in Lackey tomorrow night against Wacha. I have a feeling the Sox will get to him for a few runs.

FishermanTim 10-29-2013 02:51 PM

That makes more sense.

It was good to not have to use the bullpen last night.
Although Uehara can probably go 1-2 innings if needed, Tazawa should be rested and ready to go as well.

I'm waiting to see if their pitcher is going to start off with first pitch strikes? If so, will our batters take advantage of that again?

ProfessorM 10-29-2013 03:09 PM

Yeah baby. Going to have to beat their best tomorrow nite. He is only a kid so hopefully he will come up human and we hit him good but that has not been the case all the playoffs for him so far. If so it will be sweet to finally win one at home.

The Dad Fisherman 10-29-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltheart (Post 1019457)
Our production at the plate is dismal. We need more hits from the rest of the order. only about 6 of the 9 batters are doing anything.

Don't sell the Cardinals pitching staff short. They have outstanding Starting pitching and a solid bullpen. Wainright was a beast last night...they just left him in one batter to many.

don't forget too that, like last night, when we do start to get something going the pitcher is usually up :hee:

Saltheart 10-29-2013 03:52 PM

Yes , StL has great pitching but man , we got some guys who are just holding the bat out there hoping the ball may hit it by accident.

I hate the pitcher coming up to bat now. I was thinking last night that if anybody is on base , best thing the pitcher can do is just leave the bat on his shoulder. that way at least he won't hit into a DP! :)

spence 10-29-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltheart (Post 1019563)

I hate the pitcher coming up to bat now. I was thinking last night that if anybody is on base , best thing the pitcher can do is just leave the bat on his shoulder. that way at least he won't hit into a DP! :)

Yup, thought the exact same thing last night.

-spence

Mike P 10-29-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1019558)
Don't sell the Cardinals pitching staff short. They have outstanding Starting pitching and a solid bullpen. Wainright was a beast last night...they just left him in one batter to many.

don't forget too that, like last night, when we do start to get something going the pitcher is usually up :hee:

Uh, I think the pitchers don't bat if the AL team is at home. ;)

Doncha love winning the All Star game now? :D

The Dad Fisherman 10-30-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 1019629)
Uh, I think the pitchers don't bat if the AL team is at home. ;)

I know That......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 1019629)
Doncha love winning the All Star game now? :D

.....and Yes I Am

detbuch 10-30-2013 11:31 PM

Congrats to the Red Sox. They were by far the best team in baseball this year.

ProfessorM 10-31-2013 06:12 AM

Yeah baby. Sure is fun to win although nerve wracking. Team was a pleasure to watch all season long. Congrats guys.

vineyardblues 10-31-2013 06:28 AM

HUGE

JohnR 10-31-2013 07:05 AM

I can sleep tonight.

Van 10-31-2013 08:36 AM

Jacoby's Third Base Dance---FUNNY

http://www.boston.com/news/source/20...enny_hill.html

justplugit 10-31-2013 09:32 AM

CONGRATULATIONS all you Sox fans!!!!
Great job and well deserved. :btu:
ENJOY. :D