Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   H-Bomb (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=92736)

JohnR 09-03-2017 10:44 AM

H-Bomb
 
5.8-6.2 mag quake at NORK nuke site. Building ins China and Russia shaking.

Worst case scenario:

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone...-in-emp-strike

spence 09-03-2017 11:27 AM

What are you worried about they can't hit Boston.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR 09-03-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1127501)
What are you worried about they can't hit Boston.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device


Well, if they could put that on their HS14 they could hit Boston, and NY (and NWC NPT).

Norks have been successful with a lot of their tests lately.

Out on the edge of possible - hence the worst case scenario -is the EMP.

nightfighter 09-03-2017 02:33 PM

Even more disturbing is seeing how far he has gone without either Russia or China taking a stand. Unless one of them is in bed with him.... One would think that Putin values his vast bank account more than any trust or alliance with Kim. And I am a little surprised that China's US educated president hasn't minimized Kim's risk to his country's growth position in the world economy. Both of those leaders have much more to lose than Kim does if he lights off a live one.....

scottw 09-04-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1127501)
What are you worried about they can't hit Boston.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

how are things in Canada?

DZ 09-05-2017 07:44 AM

Who says you have to launch it from NK? Possibilities are endless for NK to farm it out to other bad actors. Hell, it could be possible to place it on a Merchant ship bound for a US port. Something that big doesn't even need to be detonated close - just downwind toward the US. A terrorists dream. This guy needs to be taken out.

Nebe 09-05-2017 07:47 AM

Trump doesn't have the balls to actually get militarily involved here. He will talk this up and push things to the brink but it's all talk. It reminds me of Obamas red line in the sand regarding Syria
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe 09-05-2017 07:48 AM

And if he did get us involved, we will be looking at WWIII.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

DZ 09-05-2017 08:00 AM

Looks like we will be potentially cutting off all trade with any country that supports NK - China. Will isolating China work since they have financed most of our debt?

spence 09-05-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZ (Post 1127571)
Looks like we will be potentially cutting off all trade with any country that supports NK - China. Will isolating China work since they have financed most of our debt?

It would shutdown the global economy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR 09-05-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZ (Post 1127568)
Who says you have to launch it from NK? Possibilities are endless for NK to farm it out to other bad actors. Hell, it could be possible to place it on a Merchant ship bound for a US port. Something that big doesn't even need to be detonated close - just downwind toward the US. A terrorists dream. This guy needs to be taken out.

They are known for sharing much of their nuke tech with Iran. Gee, almost wonder who could be financing this. In an unrelated note, glad Obama stopped Iran's nuke problem and didn't give them any money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1127569)
Trump doesn't have the balls to actually get militarily involved here. He will talk this up and push things to the brink but it's all talk. It reminds me of Obamas red line in the sand regarding Syria
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I am not sure about this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1127577)
It would shutdown the global economy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Yes. And the fraying ends of global peace with it maybe.

Nebe 09-05-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1127580)
They are known for sharing much of their nuke tech with Iran. Gee, almost wonder who could be financing this. In an unrelated note, glad Obama stopped Iran's nuke problem and didn't give them any money.



I am not sure about this.



Yes. And the fraying ends of global peace with it maybe.

And with the fraying of global peace.... you have...... wait forrrrrrr it...........wait forrrrrrrrrrr it...........


WW3
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR 09-05-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1127586)
And with the fraying of global peace.... you have...... wait forrrrrrr it...........wait forrrrrrrrrrr it...........


WW3
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device


10 million North / South Koreans dead would be horrible, beyond horrible - but not existential.

China / Russia, that is existential.

Got Stripers 09-05-2017 02:43 PM

You would think China would have a vested interest in reining in this nut job, but it's scary to see Kim just continue to escalate the testing and rhetoric.

wdmso 09-05-2017 04:03 PM

the North has the Bomb it keeps them safe its not offensive nor are ours

Trump and his UN ambassador have boxed themselves in a corner.. with all the tough talk their base loves ... I am not sure the base fully understands this isn't some Isis guy they watched get smoked thru a Thermal camera

A shooting war will cost many American Lives ..


And China has a treaty with the North generally promoted peaceful cooperation in the areas of culture, economics, technology and other social benefits between the two nations.[4] Specifically, Article 2 of the treaty declares the two nations undertake all necessary measures to oppose any country or coalition of countries that might attack either nation.[5]

The most recent renewal will remain in effect until 2021.

wdmso 09-05-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZ (Post 1127568)
Who says you have to launch it from NK? Possibilities are endless for NK to farm it out to other bad actors. Hell, it could be possible to place it on a Merchant ship bound for a US port. Something that big doesn't even need to be detonated close - just downwind toward the US. A terrorists dream. This guy needs to be taken out.


Thats pure fear mongering there is no intel about a 1st strike weapon ,, your SCENARIO applies more to Pakistan

wdmso 09-05-2017 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1127608)
You would think China would have a vested interest in reining in this nut job, but it's scary to see Kim just continue to escalate the testing and rhetoric.


He's following Trumps Lead,, Kim is being a non Traditional Leader and has no issues playing this game of Chicken with the US

Sea Dangles 09-05-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1127618)
He's following Trumps Lead,, Kim is being a non Traditional Leader and has no issues playing this game of Chicken with the US

Because he was really a traditional leader before Trump was president?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

buckman 09-05-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1127618)
He's following Trumps Lead,, Kim is being a non Traditional Leader and has no issues playing this game of Chicken with the US

Maybe your idea of a traditional leader and I don't think Trump is playing games . Your boy played games
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 09-05-2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1127622)
Maybe your idea of a traditional leader and I don't think Trump is playing games . Your boy played games
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device


Your correct Trump has no idea how the games played ... and that in its self is a problem. .. well it's your boys ball now! not many choices does he punt or go long or attack north korea plz tell us what should he do ?

nightfighter 09-06-2017 08:23 AM

And now we have had the possibility of an EMP attack put into the conversation by..... North Korea. They don't need to be able to "hit" Boston, or NY, or DC. Just lob it up there, 250 miles above, say, middle continental US, right around space station altitude and detonate.... Nothing you can look at from where you are reading this will operate if it needs electric power.....

Got Coleman stove?

JohnR 09-06-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1127642)
And now we have had the possibility of an EMP attack put into the conversation by..... North Korea. They don't need to be able to "hit" Boston, or NY, or DC. Just lob it up there, 250 miles above, say, middle continental US, right around space station altitude and detonate.... Nothing you can look at from where you are reading this will operate if it needs electric power.....

Got Coleman stove?


EMP is arguably my greatest concern and I have seen smart people on the nuke discuss both state it is over-hyped and not much of a threat to everyone willdiestarfishprime .

What I do know is that a federal group I am member of has been actively looking at it for some time.

Fishpart 09-06-2017 11:14 AM

We could simply return to the way we handled Kim for the previous 8 years. Send him some Uranium and Physics books and tell him to go play in his room... How'd that work out for us?

spence 09-06-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpart (Post 1127650)
We could simply return to the way we handled Kim for the previous 8 years. Send him some Uranium and Physics books and tell him to go play in his room... How'd that work out for us?

Unless you wanted to invade and have Seoul leveled by howitzers I'm not sure what you expected Obama to do.

It will be interesting to see how China's position evolves on this. There's concern growing that the mountain they've been detonating all these bombs under could collapse and start spreading radiation into China...this wouldn't be good.

scottw 09-06-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1127652)

Unless you wanted to invade and have Seoul leveled by howitzers I'm not sure what you expected Obama to do.

.

well...he did lower the ocean levels and kill Bin Laden...also handled the Russians, Syrians and Iranians "brilliantly"....so NK should have been a lay up....maybe a cup o' tea with the dictator or something :)

Jim in CT 09-06-2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1127618)
He's following Trumps Lead,, Kim is being a non Traditional Leader and has no issues playing this game of Chicken with the US

"He's following Trumps Lead"

So Kim wasn't playing games until Trump got elected?

"Kim is being a non Traditional Leader"

Non-traditional? That's how you describe him? Geez, don't be so hard on the guy.

Jim in CT 09-06-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1127652)
Unless you wanted to invade and have Seoul leveled by howitzers I'm not sure what you expected Obama to do.

It will be interesting to see how China's position evolves on this. There's concern growing that the mountain they've been detonating all these bombs under could collapse and start spreading radiation into China...this wouldn't be good.

"I'm not sure what you expected Obama to do. "

I "expected" Obama to do exactly what he did, i.e., zip. I "hoped" he would do what the world knows needs to be done, which is to get China to reign that maniac in.

Jim in CT 09-06-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1127653)
well...he did lower the ocean levels and kill Bin Laden...also handled the Russians, Syrians and Iranians "brilliantly"....so NK should have been a lay up....maybe a cup o' tea with the dictator or something :)

Brilliant. I am curious to see what response you get from the Obama apologists...

scottw 09-06-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1127664)
Brilliant. I am curious to see what response you get from the Obama apologists...

I heard he was on Facebook attacking Trump...which is pretty funny if you think about it....maybe Obama will fly to Florida, hold up his arms and divert the hurricane :bl:

PaulS 09-06-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1127664)
Brilliant. I am curious to see what response you get from the Obama apologists...

As opposed to the Trump apologists who claim NK is Obama's fault but give Trump credit from day 1 for the economy? Maybe Trump should have worked on NK earlier and it would have all been solved?

Hypocrites?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com