Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   NFL - Part II (the week after) (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=92852)

FishermanTim 09-29-2017 09:52 AM

NFL - Part II (the week after)
 
Notice how many teams that were so "for the protest of the national anthem" are now back-peddling to try and save face (and fan revenue)???

I had no problem with kneeling or linking arms, as kneeling is considered a sign of respect in many religions, and linking arms is a show of camaraderie, but when teams choose to not take the field during the anthem (like the Steelers did) then THAT is a true slap in the face for every citizen and a knee to the groin for every veteran that watches the games.

All I will say is that these adult "children" don't get paid to express their political or social beliefs on the field. They get paid to play a game...PERIOD!

If you want to start protesting and bring attention to yourselves, QUIT and go into politics.
I'm sure there are quite a few REAL football players that would be willing to take your places!

Raider Ronnie 09-29-2017 10:17 AM

F*** the Raiders
F*** the Patriots
F*** the NFL

Unfortunately most people are stupid and will be back watching
Not me !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-29-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 1128939)
Notice how many teams that were so "for the protest of the national anthem" are now back-peddling to try and save face (and fan revenue)???

I had no problem with kneeling or linking arms, as kneeling is considered a sign of respect in many religions, and linking arms is a show of camaraderie, but when teams choose to not take the field during the anthem (like the Steelers did) then THAT is a true slap in the face for every citizen and a knee to the groin for every veteran that watches the games.

All I will say is that these adult "children" don't get paid to express their political or social beliefs on the field. They get paid to play a game...PERIOD!

If you want to start protesting and bring attention to yourselves, QUIT and go into politics.
I'm sure there are quite a few REAL football players that would be willing to take your places!

"Notice how many teams that were so "for the protest of the national anthem" are now back-peddling"

In the end, all they care about is money.

Players strike when they don't like what they see. Fans can do the same. Just like with politicians, we get the athletes and the entertainers we deserve. If revenue stays where it was, people have no right to complain.

The players have a lot of contempt for the fans, that is for sure.

wdmso 09-29-2017 03:37 PM

Almost all tickets are pre purchased .. this manufactured outrage wont cost them anything .

Seems like a lot of snowflakes on this issue.. however

Raider Ronnie 09-29-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1128954)
Almost all tickets are pre purchased .. this manufactured outrage wont cost them anything .

Seems like a lot of snowflakes on this issue.. however

Tickets are not their only source of income.
Tv ratings make them $$$.
Ratings suffer, sponsors pull out.
Merchandise sales will suffer also.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Slipknot 09-30-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1128942)
F*** the Raiders
F*** the Patriots
F*** the NFL

Unfortunately most people are stupid and will be back watching
Not me !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device


are you going to now feed that Raiders Pikie to bluefish?

I won't stop watching, and it is not because I am stupid

Sea Dangles 09-30-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1128954)
Almost all tickets are pre purchased .. this manufactured outrage wont cost them anything .

Seems like a lot of snowflakes on this issue.. however

Ticket sales are down 18% this week snowflake.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raider Ronnie 09-30-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1129006)
are you going to now feed that Raiders Pikie to bluefish?

I won't stop watching, and it is not because I am stupid

I'm at my son's Ma Maritime game today.
No taking a knee, sitting or staying in the locker room here.
All the football I need.
#^&#^&#^&#^& the Raiders & the rest of the NFL !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Slipknot 09-30-2017 06:09 PM

I wish Leo the best and hope he is doing well

wdmso 09-30-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1129007)
Ticket sales are down 18% this week snowflake.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

and 1 weeks not a trend

Sea Dangles 10-01-2017 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1129036)
and 1 weeks not a trend

But it sure makes your opinion seem silly
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman 10-01-2017 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1129050)
But it sure makes your opinion seem silly
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Be careful, you might get caught in one of those infinite "Liberal Logic Loops" it kinda follows the same path as that song "There's a Hole in the Bucket"
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com