Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Funny fish (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96848)

niko 09-02-2020 10:27 AM

Funny fish

So far it’s been a good year for funnies. We’ve been finding them in some odd places. We had a nice bite north of the cape but that seems to have dried up. The bonito have been huge this year. Monday we fished around MV and had sea bass blitzing with bluefish. Bonito were elusive but when the afternoon wind kicked up so did the Albie bite. There were good numbers of nice Spanish macks in the mix too. Bait balls everywhere. And we found a new productive fluke spot. Love this time of year

jkswimmer 09-02-2020 11:51 AM

:btu:

numbskull 09-02-2020 12:22 PM

I'm on a losing streak. Been covering a lot of eastern BB. Can't stand the boat circus on the sound side (although it has become awful over here as well). Barely saw a fish yesterday and did not see one today. Missed some chances with the flyrod Sat but that is about it for 7-8 days of trying since my first and only fish of the season so far.

Higgie 09-02-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull (Post 1199983)
I'm on a losing streak. Been covering a lot of eastern BB. Can't stand the boat circus on the sound side (although it has become awful over here as well). Barely saw a fish yesterday and did not see one today. Missed some chances with the flyrod Sat but that is about it for 7-8 days of trying since my first and only fish of the season so far.

Took some poking around yesterday in similar haunts but found them not til late in the day and only had a few good shots. Only one other boat around but I’m also batting .000
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Guppy 09-02-2020 02:40 PM

Except for a lights out hooter trip... I’ve had shots at them south side CC but no connections,,,,, :-(

Sept. 3rd I consider the sweet spot out my back door,,,, fingers crossed ;)

Higgie 09-02-2020 04:51 PM

Not sure your back yard gup but from my understanding your gonna be ok. Especially if it correlates with a possible sb event this weekend. Gonna try to get down if I can

ProfessorM 09-02-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 1200011)
Guppy last 3 days. In your back yard to
Mine 😉

wdmso 09-02-2020 06:09 PM

Iam not done yet ... I'll try again tomorrow

Clammer 09-02-2020 08:28 PM

talking about HOOTERS .they are working like crazy getting the Warwick one back up & bouncing ………..but the C-19 will cut this down also ><>

Guppy 09-03-2020 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgie (Post 1200005)
Not sure your back yard gup but from my understanding your gonna be ok. Especially if it correlates with a possible sb event this weekend. Gonna try to get down if I can

South side Yarmouth.....

Mike (Freak) change day from Saturday to Monday and that’s beginning to look like a blow out... good news is it’s just starting....

If you come down I’ll probably be out there somewhere.....

Check your PMs

Guppy 09-03-2020 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 1200013)

:kewl:

Got Stripers 09-03-2020 08:49 AM

Hoping to get into them tomorrow in RI, if not sea bass and possibly a tog or two. Was planning on trying in shore tog, but seems nobody is really stocking crabs just yet, so maybe next week.

t.orlando 09-03-2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1200064)
Hoping to get into them tomorrow in RI, if not sea bass and possibly a tog or two. Was planning on trying in shore tog, but seems nobody is really stocking crabs just yet, so maybe next week.

Macos has crabs as well as Westport as of yest

RickBomba 09-03-2020 12:34 PM

Gup can find crabs anywhere.

Goddam Korea is to blame.

Clammer 09-03-2020 02:22 PM

bOB .,, gALE & I LIMITED OUT ON Monday .. I,m not catching crabs / just like last year . so we used Asians crabs ><>

Got Stripers 09-03-2020 03:43 PM

I new I could get crabs at Maco’s, but I decided I’d rig up and hope for some albie action. If not it will be sea bass and tog, but I am really looking forward to a hard pulling tog and some fresh fish for diner.

numbskull 09-03-2020 05:29 PM

Not happening this am (6am-1030am) for me yet again. Ran from Quissett to Hadleys to Nonamesset to Cedar Tree to West Chop to East Chop to VH back to Lamberts across to Tarpaulin to Lackeys back to Hadleys to a few miles north of Quissett and back to Quissett. Spent time at each place waiting. Passed other guys doing the same. Never saw a break and almost no birds working. Visibility was excellent. Checked from shore locally a few times this afternoon and evening. A small group of widely spread boats waiting off Nobska was the only suggestion of fish I witnessed. Other than west chop I didn't mark much bait either.

Guppy 09-03-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickBomba (Post 1200087)
Gup can find crabs anywhere.

Goddam Korea is to blame.

I’ll put the trap in this weekend...

Albies off the wall this morning,,,,, acres of then for 3 hrs on the middle of the incoming,,,, and rain like you read about, rained so hard my shrimp boots filled with water...... LOL

Half dozen fish for what seems like 100 casts..... I luv the fall... :-)

ProfessorM 09-03-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 1200123)
I’ll put the trap in this weekend...

Albies off the wall this morning,,,,, acres of then for 3 hrs on the middle of the incoming,,,, and rain like you read about, rained so hard my shrimp boots filled with water...... LOL

Half dozen fish for what seems like 100 casts..... I luv the fall... :-)

Your neck of the woods or mine? I have to wait till Saturday but I’m off next week.

Higgie 09-03-2020 07:15 PM

$$$$$$$$!!!

bloocrab 09-03-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clammer (Post 1200032)
talking about HOOTERS .they are working like crazy getting the Warwick one back up & bouncing ………..but the C-19 will cut this down also ><>

keep me posted, I will cumm, promise

Guppy 09-04-2020 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 1200127)
Your neck of the woods or mine? I have to wait till Saturday but I’m off next week.

Mine

ProfessorM 09-04-2020 09:00 AM

Thank you.

blue oyster 09-04-2020 09:26 AM

been planning to go to the block next weekend for a year , had to cancel due to covin:wall::wall:

Got Stripers 09-04-2020 12:21 PM

Pulled a half dozen tog off Saconet light with plastic, most just short, but one bruiser that will be diner. Had to weed through a bunch of short sea bass to cull a couple keepers and was hoping to see Albert but not one feed anywhere. I’m about to call it just east of the harbor jetty and mark fish do I dropped my 4”split tail to the bottom and let out line to slowly drift and bounce bottom when suddenly albies pop right around me, so I crank in hard to possible switch to a light rod with epoxy jig, but no need as I’m hammered halfway back to the boat. Man I love the fight, pulled me around for what seemed like ten minutes.

Guppy 09-04-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1200168)
Pulled a half dozen tog off Saconet light with plastic, most just short, but one bruiser that will be diner. Had to weed through a bunch of short sea bass to cull a couple keepers and was hoping to see Albert but not one feed anywhere. I’m about to call it just east of the harbor jetty and mark fish do I dropped my 4”split tail to the bottom and let out line to slowly drift and bounce bottom when suddenly albies pop right around me, so I crank in hard to possible switch to a light rod with epoxy jig, but no need as I’m hammered halfway back to the boat. Man I love the fight, pulled me around for what seemed like ten minutes.

Awesome, putting traps in this weekend, we go soon, hey?

numbskull 09-04-2020 02:33 PM

Epic out there today. Lot of fish seem to be arriving.

Got Stripers 09-04-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 1200179)
Awesome, putting traps in this weekend, we go soon, hey?

Always up for a boat ride. Edit this after I notice birds everywhere off white horse beach and I can see fish busting with binoculars. If I were 30 it would be a race to get down there, but getting up at 3 at my age zaps my desire for a double.

Fish On 09-04-2020 09:45 PM

Sounds like lots of fun starting to happen. Very jealous. Please post pics!

Guppy 09-05-2020 06:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish On (Post 1200233)
Sounds like lots of fun starting to happen. Very jealous. Please post pics!

Fun for sure

Attachment 67306

Attachment 67307

CR’d