Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   to the lefties who say gender identity isn’t taught in elementary schools (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98044)

Jim in CT 04-08-2022 07:35 AM

to the lefties who say gender identity isn’t taught in elementary schools

people here have said that things like Desantis’ law are unnecessary because kids arent being exposed to this crap in elementary school.

this is crazy. second graders. these kids aren’t even close to being ready to process such things

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ng-parents.amp

Pete F. 04-08-2022 07:47 AM

Jim Teaching radical race/gender theories to young children is bad, and young kids shouldn't be exposed to instruction about sex.

Me: I agree!

Jim Then you'll back this law?

Reads law

Me: Wait. This thing is incredibly broad and vague, doesn't grant meaningful guidance to educators, encompasses far more than young children, and will invariably lead to complaints against innocent teachers.

Jim Surrender caucus! Groomer! Woke!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 04-08-2022 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1225323)
Jim Teaching radical race/gender theories to young children is bad, and young kids shouldn't be exposed to instruction about sex.

Me: I agree!

Jim Then you'll back this law?

Reads law

Me: Wait. This thing is incredibly broad and vague, doesn't grant meaningful guidance to educators, encompasses far more than young children, and will invariably lead to complaints against innocent teachers.

Jim Surrender caucus! Groomer! Woke!

I don't buy for a second, that you support the idea of banning public school teachers from discussing sexual identity. If liberals say it's good, you'll agree with them.

You also missed the point. You said republicans were passing laws that weren't necessary. The link I provided, shows that there is a need for these laws.

"doesn't grant meaningful guidance to educators"

Here's their guidance:

Stop the sex talk in grades K-3 or you're fired. If that's not clear enough, they're too stupid to teach.

wdmso 04-08-2022 12:34 PM

Really Jim theses laws were passed because of NJ can you read

New Jersey to require .. you should respect the law isn’t that the GOP argument in Fla

And of course your claim

the lefties who say gender identity isn’t taught in elementary schools

Just another misrepresentation of why theses laws changed

Pete F. 04-08-2022 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1225324)
I don't buy for a second, that you support the idea of banning public school teachers from discussing sexual identity. If liberals say it's good, you'll agree with them.

You also missed the point. You said republicans were passing laws that weren't necessary. The link I provided, shows that there is a need for these laws.

"doesn't grant meaningful guidance to educators"

Here's their guidance:

Stop the sex talk in grades K-3 or you're fired. If that's not clear enough, they're too stupid to teach.

Purely politics
As evidenced by the fact that 48 Missouri Republicans voted AGAINST a bill to outlaw marriages to a child under the age of 14.

wdmso 04-08-2022 12:52 PM

Under the updated standards, which are similar to the standards that have been in place for the past five years, children in grades K-12 will continue to learn information that is age appropriate, medically accurate, and shown by research to help keep them safe

Just another example of the gop fixated on sex and sexuality in an unhealthy manner

Republicans’ Fresh Fixation on Vintage Homophobia

Why Republicans Have Become Obsessed With Accusing Their Opponents of Pedophilia

Yet when one of their own uses theses claim against the gop they flip out

The GOP outrage over Cawthorn's remarks was widespread in Washington.

Jim in CT 04-08-2022 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1225341)

New Jersey to require .. you should respect the law isn’t that the GOP argument in Fla

Floridians don’t want gender identity shoved in the faces of kids aged 4-8. So Desantis passed a law banning it.

That called “democracy”.

your idea of democracy, is where every single person agrees with you 100% of the time. that’s not the real world.

if people in FL don’t like this, they’ll vote in legislators who will repeal it.

it’s called democracy.

interesting that you feel
so strongly that 5 year olds can process gender identity and that public school, not home, is the place for that.

independents will love this. That, plus the fact that Biden is making the border more open.

Pete F. 04-08-2022 09:40 PM

I'm curious. What's the REASON Republicans want to make it legal for an adult man to marry a child?

detbuch 04-08-2022 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1225374)
I'm curious. What's the REASON Republicans want to make it legal for an adult man to marry a child?

You are curious.

Jim in CT 04-09-2022 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1225374)

they don’t. the sponsor of the bill
said that ultimately it would
prohibit minors from
marrying.

lying again.

wdmso 04-09-2022 08:08 AM

(odd none of this was being taught when Trump was in office Just since inauguration day? Conservative logic hard at lying !)

What's Next in the GOP sudden Morality March Backwards

Ban interracial marriages again?

Oh wait its already happened

Senator Braun Says States Should Be Free to Ban Abortions and Interracial Marriages:kewl:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022...-marriage.html

Pete F. 04-09-2022 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1225383)
they don’t. the sponsor of the bill
said that ultimately it would
prohibit minors from
marrying.

lying again.

The "groomer" thing Trumplicans are trying to push is conveniently silent on the fact that the majority of child sexual abuse happens within the proclaimed cultural pillars of the right wing: the church and the family.

detbuch 04-09-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1225388)
The "groomer" thing Trumplicans are trying to push is conveniently silent on the fact that the majority of child sexual abuse happens within the proclaimed cultural pillars of the right wing: the church and the family.

Propaganda Pete is making a sneaky insinuation that only Republicans go to church and have families.

Pete F. 04-09-2022 04:53 PM

Georgia Republican candidate Kandiss Taylor goes full theocracy explaining her “Jesus, guns, and babies” slogan:

“Don't talk to me about separation of church and state.”

“We are the church and we run the state.”

“[Jews, Muslims, and Buddhists] don't get to silence us.”