View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
Sorry I didn't crop out his face.
you should have he is hideous looking.

Don't let George sell you on the he caught everything. Without him I would have never even caught those fish probably.

The story goes like this- I had the plug in my bag all morning and didn't use it. It was a little slow catching, not seeing, them. There were plenty of them as we could see them in the clear water. So I put on plug and make a few casts. I don't like the way it is swimming and complain to him. By now we are just kind of experimenting with plugs, critiquing the action, as he was saying we are probably not going to catch these fish as the sun was high. I reel it in again and say the plug sucks he says bend the eye up. I do and throw it out so we are both looking at the plug and no sooner do I say I still don't really like the action a bass comes up and makes a spectacular hit on it and I get it in. It pretty much never left my rod rest of the day. Sometimes what you don't like so much the fish do. I too learned a lot and always do when I fish with a numbskull.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote