Thread: first pistol?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #23
redlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Rockcrawler View Post
I don't so a lot of shooting any more but have fired the hell outta the P226. We had them at a law enforcement academy i went to. There was maybe 20 of them and we fired about 10k rounds through them over he weekend. They were cleaned after each night. I was aware of 5 or so stovepipes. These were well used pistols. Not saying they are bad guns by any means, they are awesome just wanted to add .02. since there was a post about a million rounds without a stovepipe.
Interesting. I never heard of stovepipe issues with sigs
Back when i used to shoot a lot and train i prob put 500,000 rds through my sig 228 9mm and never had a problem with anything. Rarely cleaned. My glock 23 was a used new bedford police service gun and i put close to 500,000 rds of all different brands of ammo through that gun and NEVER EVER cleaned it. Finally got cleaned when the trigger return/ reset spring broke and my seal buddy that is a master glock armor fixed it and was horrified at how dirty it was. He cleaned it. I was pissed because it ruined my personal glock test. The only guns i have ever had stove pipe problems with r my dads old and i mean old original colt 1911's. they would stovepipe once in a blue moon depending on ammo
Sig a few years ago were having problems with the recoil springs on 229's coming unraveled. My good bud is a waltham cop and they switched from ruger to sig and had a lot of problems with the recoil springs unraveling on brand new guns during qualification training. Within 2 mths they switched to glocks
But nothin beats the ergonomic feel of a sig in my hand
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote