View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
FishermanTim

Isn't it sad when the siblings only show interest, or bother to help when there is something they can get/take?

I'm sorry for your wife's loss. She sounds like a daughter any father would be proud to have.....Sorry she didn't have similar siblings.

I have a friend whose grandparents passed away, and left some properties for the family when they passed. Well, the first thing was the furniture in their house. The siblings came by and proceeded to claim pieces (That chest is mine, that table and chairs are mine, etc...)

OK, that was pathetic enough as it was, but when they learned about the property in Marshfield that was to be sold, these same "loving, caring children" were demanding their "share" of the proceeds.

Now keep in mind that my friend and his father spent countless weekends trying to clean up the properties without as much as one "loving, caring sibling" lifting a finger to help.

Once the properties were sold, my friend's father took his portion (plus extra for the work he put in to it) and left the rest for the vultures to fight over. They also complained that he took more than his share, but my friend's father's lawyer explained to them that they were lucky to get what they did.

It's a shame when people get to show their true colors, and their colors are dull and faded.

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote