View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You didn't do your homework. The 10% number is an average of all Will County employees. The county uses a progressive scale so the lower earners pay less and the higher earners pay more, but the proposal had the lower earners paying a higher ratio of their salary to health care.

Not every county employee is part of the union and I think we'd both agree it's a safe wager that the union represents the bulk of the lower earners.

So in effect the deal appears to have been disproportionately impacting the lower wage unionized employees and as such they didn't like it.

-spence
Oh, I see.

So when you said they wouldn't get "squat", I'm sure you did a similar calculation using the accurate specifics for the lowewr wage earners. Can you send me a link that has the assumptions that you used for the lower workers? I want to make sure that I understand.

"they didn't like it."

They don't have to like it. They have to either accept it, or find another job with pay they like more. Average wages are down bigtime since Obama took control. No one likes that. But rational people realize that the economy stinks, and wages go down in a stinky economy (unless you are in a union, I oresume, in which case it's never acceptable to get anything other than a blank check).

Spence, show me a proposal that makes those people "happy" that doesn't bankrupt the citizenry. If you can't do that, then I wish you and your union bretheren would accept what everyone else accepts...that none of us makes as much as we would like.

Gimme, gimme, gimme...

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-05-2013 at 01:49 PM..