View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 08:53 AM   #12
pbadad

I have many questions on concept layouts being that many times the design doesn't set up the way it's intent was designed. Here in one hand they "rule" was runners 4-6" apart. 3 transition guides and a choke guide established by reel spool and shaft angle. As I say , works on an engineer's paper but put into the real world, it doesn't comply to it. So with all this do you not set up a concept with a small spool reel on a long rod the designed way a set up the rod for the best perfomance in ones theory? The other thing is the frame heights of K frames don't allow a perfect line running from the collector to the choke most of the times. The 16 if position on the line is extremely close to the choke. I have been compensating the distance through my static load test on any of the builds I have done. Only exception was my own 11'. Adding a single foot K 16 to the transition guides in which the line was spot on to the #10K choke. Sorry for the winded comment. Just spouting out my frustrations with this "concept".

Billy D.
pbadad is offline   Reply With Quote