View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #14
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Spence: As far as Obama, he promised to fix the VA under his watch as far back as 2007-2008 in his speeches running for the presidency... as all his other speeches he tells the people what they want to hear and does not follow through...after all he took up radicalism at harvard...he failed and as I stated every other president has basically failed....it is also assumed that he knew the books were cooked to permit rewards to staff as far back as 2008....and the senate just the other day refused to hear a bill that would make it easier to fire VA workers...we can blame the unions for that...the bottom line is they will just throw some dollars into it to satisfy a few and in a month or two it will be forgotten.
Fix is a pretty vague term, even with the AZ issues -- which are pretty disturbing mind you -- a lot of the VA system does appear to work well and some things like funding and wait times Obama appears to have helped improve. Have Republicans helped or hurt the process?

I'm not sure why you think it's "assumed" that he knew of wrongdoing as far back as 2008. I've never heard any such accusation let alone evidence that would make it assumed. The only evidence available indicates Obama learned about it in September when CNN broke the story.

-spence

Last edited by spence; 05-26-2014 at 01:03 PM..