View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
The Texas far right GOP and the countries far right GOP apparently will never learn that they must come into the present and future and accept the Gay community for how they R....Texas republicans have endorsed,"reparative therapy for gays."......that will not happen....they had better start accepting gays and women's rights in order to win...the Texas GOP were given the final approval at its annual convention.

wake up far right...
“There’s a very, very small group of people who want to keep the party in the past. We were here today to try to pull the party into the future,” Rudy Oeftering, vice president of the gay conservative group Metroplex Republicans, told the Associated Press. "

Rudy seems to think this is pretty small number of people involved in this..I'd also mention that while I don't know what to make of many of these things, if you read the language, there's no suggestion of what you state..."they want gays to go through psychological treatments to turn gay people straight"...it read voluntary treatments and endorsed the legitimacy of the treatments, there's no mention of forcing gays to get treatment of any kind, I think was some response to the banning of the treatments elsewhere by Chris Christie I think...

while I don't know much about the treatments and don't really care I do wonder why, if someone is hetro and wants to be homo...that's ok..and if someone is bi and wants a guy sometimes and a girl other times and maybe even both, that's ok, and if someone is a guy and wants to be a girl, or the other way around and undergoes "reparative surgery and treatments"..that's ok....but if someone is homo and wants to be hetero...well....that's just terrible?...unacceptable..can't happen..confusing isn't it?...isn't it the individual's choice?