Thread: Abuse of power
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 08:38 AM   #38
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
True. But what I do is a reflection of me, it doesn't say anything about everyone else who happens to vote the same way as me.No but it is indicative of how the internet has made it easier for every Tom, #^&#^&#^&#^& and Harry to insult anyone they want. Is there any difference bt some troll who can't post anything more intelligent than insulting a Pres. name and a TV talking head besides the size of their audience? You have posted that Tea Baggers are racist. i don't hold anyone else accountable for that statement, just you.We all have seen the signs and until the leadership told their members to tone it down, the signs were very common at the early protests. You admitted that yourself previously.

"Is there anyone on here who insulted Pres. Bush that much?"

I didn't realize the question was limited to those who post here? Well the poster didn't state he was talking about the general public or here so I'll give you that one. But it is indicative of what has happened over the last # of years.

"So why/how did we get into Iraq?"

You don't know? The vast, vast majority of our leaders in DC authorized the use of force, because the vast, vast majority of them (including your party's next nominee for President, Hilary Clinton) were certain they had WMDs.

"Was it a lie or the worse intelligence failure of our lifetime"

It wasn't a lie, that's for sure So then it was the biggest intelligence failure of our lifetime?. There's a big difference between being wrong, and lying. Did Hilary lie when she said Iraq had WMDs, and when she authorized the use of force?She voted on what she was told - and the intelligence (or lack of intelligence) was all wrong.

It's fair to hold Bush accountable for his incorrect conclusion, but a large majority in DC (including Senators Clinton, Biden, Kerry, Edwards) also looked at the same intelligence, and consluded that the invasion was justified.

So why is Bush criticized (which is fair), and those Democrats who reached the exact same conclusion as Bush, get a free pass? Hmmm?
BC, it was HIS admin. who provided that intelligence for congress to vote on.

Again, I'll ask -don't you think people are more justified about getting us into a war based on bad intelligence (and I think it went beyond that to some lies and some ignoring anything that didn't fit in w/the what the admin. wanted) and trying to provide health insur. for people who don't have it?