View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 01:52 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I always thought of Rudy as a paranoid conspiracy theorist, but this one took him into the gutter. His backpedaling that it couldn't be racist because Obama had a white mom was pretty amazing.

I'll give him credit for cleaning up the city and showing strong leadership after 9/11, but his behavior recently has been embarrassing. Perhaps he's just resentful for that failed presidential run in 2008.
It's not the least bit racist. If we had a white president (1) whose spiritual mentor hated the country, (2) whose wife said she wasn't proud of this country until her hubby won, and (3) whose political mentor tried to bomb the US Capital building, I would say that white president doesn't love this country, and I would be correct. The fcat that there isn't a comparable white President about whom to draw the same conclusion, doesn't mean it's racist to judge Obama the same way. If Guiliani gave a white politician a pass under similar circumstances, you'd have evidence that he's picking on Obama because he's black. But he's picking on Obama for an irrefutable string of highly unusual close company he keeps.

Spence, for all the insults you hurled at Guliani, I noticed that you didn't type one syllable to refute what he said. Easy to insult him. Tell me why his conclusion is wrong, given the evidence I stated.

Again, if I spent 20 years in a church where the pastor was Rev Wright a white supremacist, would it be controversial for you to say "Jim doesn't love this country black people"? Nope, everyone would agree with you. Let's see you make that wrong?