View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 02:29 PM   #21
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I happily concede he was born here yet for the longest time the right would insinuate otherwiseand isn't a MuslimDidn't Scott Walker just say something like "I don't know if he is a Christian, I haven't talked to him about it".. There's no evidence to suggest otherwise. There's plenty of evidence to suggest he doesn't love this country - namely, his willingness to associate with, and idolize, the likes of Rev Wright, Bill Ayers, and Michelle Obama.

In all seriousness, no sarcasm, how do you dismiss his intimate ties with those people? If I let Bull Connor baptize my kids, wouldn't you conslude I don't love blacks? How is that any different?

I'm also no huge fan of Rudy, but I love that someone on the national stage is willing to tell the truth at the risk of being called a racist.
He has given his life to service to his country. Maybe tonight someone from the right will complain that he doesn't seem to want to work with the Repubs.

We have discussed numerous times what Michelle said and how it was taken out of context - how she was talking about how everyone seemed to be involved in the political process that year. Everyone who went to Rev. Wright's church said they would shake their head and mumble under their breath "there he goes again". Didn't Pres. Obama criticize Rev. Wright's speaches?

Criticizing his policies is one thing but claiming he hates his country is a totally different thing.

So do you think Pres. Obama is a "good person" bc I remember you getting upset bc you thought no one on the left thought Pres. Bush was a good person (and if I remember correctly it was the same day where Pres. Obama said that Pres Bush was a good person).

As I said, a real POS thing to say.