View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 08:07 AM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
Not sure I agree on 5 number 4 starters.. I think we have a couple #5 starters and maybe 2 that could do better in the bullpen. Who knows Clay may make a good reliever.
I was being kind ....but that is my point....Clay is far from the only thing wrong with this rotation. Clay is being paid #3-#4 starter money, Beginning last year he was our #5 guy....so why he is all of a sudden supposed to be our Ace makes no sense....just because he's the only recognizable face in the rotation from 2013.

Porcello on the other hand IS being paid like an ace at over 20M a year....he's the guy we should be getting on to up his game.

Quote:
Who to start? Find a couple #3 starters or perhaps a #2. Maybe stretch one or 2 of our bullpen guys out and let them try starting. .
Where do you find them? And The bullpen isn't exactly a strong point on this team either.....

Quote:
Or put Clay in the bullpen and bring up Owens or another young arm. I think the pressure of starting is too much for Clay's fragile mental state. Maybe if he didn't overthink and worry about serving up a stink burger prior to every start, he wouldn't suck so much.

But as is, I do not watch games when Clay starts, I will however have it in the background in the garage while working on things, just in case he miracles a win out of his rear end.
Its going to be a long season.....better get used to it

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote