Thread: Gay marriage
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 09:13 AM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Freedom is not oppressing someone. Freedom is being free to do what YOU BELIEVEis right. Freedom is not oppressing someone else with your beliefs.
That's my thoughts on freedom
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Freedom is being free to SAY and DO what you want, not to believe what you want. You are not FREE if you can think something but will be arrested if you SAY that something. You are not FREE if you cannot DO what you want provided it doens not infringe on the rights of others.

Freedom is not something you give others, you either legislate (true) freedom (the right to vote, emancipation as examples) or fight to give it to others (liberating Europe) or protect it from being taken away (police / military).

Legislating piles of rules / laws / decrees is not legislating Freedom. At best it is energizing bureaucracy, at worst hampering Freedom.

Freedom is not the default state of affairs ANYWHERE. Freedom is the heavy rock at the top of the hill that others intentionally or unintentionally undercut to fall back down the hill.

Most Americans have never SEEN the absence of Freedom. It is a very scary thing when you can't see Freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Sorry. Im sporting a mild beer buzz.

My point is that the scotus voted to ensure personal freedoms. Up next... Marijuana legalization on a national level.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
A someone that knows many people - including some dear to me - chemically ruined by marijuana - I hope not.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: