View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 07:09 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You guys are funny. This probably all comes down to a staffer not suggesting it sooner. And you make it into the devil's work…muhahhaahhahahahaha

As an aside. Several months ago I noticed my neighbor having left his flag out all winter continued to fly it in tatters. Not just a little frayed mind you but completely shredded. After politely asking him to take it down he begrudgingly replaced it with a new flag.

Recently he's been doing other stuff that the neighbors find offensive. I'm not going to get into it here. I did call him out on it of course.

So I just noticed this afternoon the shredded Old Glory flying off his deck just for spite.

This conversation should be interesting.
"This probably all comes down to a staffer not suggesting it sooner"

Right, these things would never occur to, say, the commander-in-chief of the guys who were killed. He was THEIR commander in chief. He needs a staffer to tell him it's a good idea to pay tribute to those killed on his watch? You know what, you're probably right, he probably is incapable of coming up with that on his own, something so simple and thoughtful and obvious.