View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 08:01 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Abortion has its place. A woman is raped and gets pregnant... I'm pretty sure I'd give that one the green light. A woman in her 40's has a brain dead fetus... And is going to lead a life as a vegetable. I say go for it.

These are horrible choices, but these are choices that a woman should be allowed to make. One of the best sayings I have heard about abortion is if you are against them, then don't have one.
Our constitutional rights guarantee us personal liberties and freedoms that allow this practice to happen and who cares what the original founder's motives were? If PP is defended and closes, I guarantee you that we will see back ally coat hanger abortions skyrocket. It's a sad truth.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"One of the best sayings I have heard about abortion is if you are against them, then don't have one."

I hear that a lot. I think it's idiotic. How about if I say "if you're against arson, then don't light fires, but don't tell me I can't burn down a building". That's what laws are foe. Most people would never do terrible things, but we still need laws.

"Our constitutional rights guarantee us personal liberties "

True. You show me where the Constitution mentions the word "abortion", and I will agree that it's a constitutional right. What the constitution does guarantee is the right to free exercise of religion. Tell that to the Christian bakers getting persecuted by our POTUS Weird Harold.

"If PP is defended and closes, I guarantee you that we will see back ally coat hanger abortions skyrocket. It's a sad truth" We don't make evil things legal just to save those who participate. People get killed robbing banks, that's a sad truth. Is that an argument to legalize bank robbery?

"is going to lead a life as a vegetable. I say go for it. "

What if someday, someone decides that you have no value?