Thread: Obama
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 07:17 AM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"when he has time to gather excuses".

Yes, we can only hope that his fellow guests are as open-minded and tolerant as you are, Sea Dangles.

"You act as though he has something to hide or be ashamed of, very perplexing outlook."

Again, since I keep saying debate is healthy, I'm curious to know how you arrived at that conclusion. Dangles ,respectful debate against these people is no challenge whatsoever, because the Pope is holding all the cards. But liberals aren't known for respectful debate on these issues. Calling Catholics a bunch of pedophiles who don't care about women and who hate homosexuals, isn't exactly engaging in open debate. As evidenced by your comment that he can only offer "excuses", not that he can offer differing opinions that may not be for everyone, but that make perfect sense to him.

The reason your side immediately descends to these tactics on these issues, is that it's impossible to defend these positions and keep your integrity. Because the positions are devoid of integrity. It's then a lot easier to attack the person whose positions are obviously based on love and empathy. God forbid you admit the man stands for generosity and compassion and treat him with the respect he therefore deserves.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-20-2015 at 07:28 AM..