Thread: Obama
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 10:25 AM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Again,how is this an ambush? Please answer Jim,they are your words.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Comparing a Pope defender to an Obama defender, yeah, that's apples to apples. I've also said I think my church is wrong on gay marriage, which I think shows clearly that I'm not a blind Catholic apologist. Again with the personal digs, rather than discussing issues.

Dangles, this is a White House visit, not a debate on gay marriage or abortion. The Pope (the invited guest) is being surrounded by militant activists who espies that which the man has dedicated his entire life to. As Scott said, it's clearly a cheap shot, if you don't see it that way, you have that right. I don't think any other President in my lifetime would do anything like it, but we know that normal rules of decency don't apply to Obama.

Maybe it will be cordial. For sure, I am speculating, but as always, my speculations are based on an honest, rational examination of actual empirical evidence, the overwhelming majority of which suggests that liberal activists can't stand Catholicism, and they aren't exactly diplomatic about conveying that. Are there any pro-Catholic zealots there to balance out the guest list?