View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 10:19 PM   #8
FishermanTim

My dad passed back in 2001, and he died from inoperable brain cancer. Before he became completely incapacitated he deeded the house to my mom. He passed at home, surrounded by family and was cared for until his last day.
Because of good insurance and planning the only financial burden was the burial cost, which was his life insurance paid for.

Although you cannot plan for every contingency, you should have something in palace to assist with your final expenses.
I have life insurance, disability insurance and a retirement plan.

Now when it comes to your "end of life", some would prefer to pass quickly and quietly (as in your sleep) while others would like to be surrounded by friends and loved ones. I would only hope that my time comes without a long-term degenerative debilitating illness where my dwindling days are a financial and emotional burden to my family. (I was able to take time off from work to spend time with my dad during his final days, and I thought it was a privilege to be able t care for him after all the years he had cared for me.

A person's passing could be seen as a blessing or a travesty, depending on the condition of the person's passing (the person usually has many loved ones).

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote