View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 11:42 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
She didn't say that. You should watch her full comments instead of a soundbite off of Drudge or your girlfriend on FOX.

Tolerance is relative. Historically most Muslim nations have been as tolerant as anyone, but the Cold War and other power influences have certainly shaped the situation today. To describe Muslim nations "in general" for anything would be a great disservice.

He can and is being challenged. I think the GOP is using the issue to score points and pulling some Dems along with them. Obama should and is pushing back, I don't have an issue with this.
"She didn't say that"

Dozens of outlets are attributing that exact quote to her. If you have proof that she didn't say that, can you share it please?

"Tolerance is relative"

I don't know what that means. So that clerk in Kansas City is relatively tolerant? Or do only bigots who are sympathetic to the left, get called "relatively tolerant"?

"Historically most Muslim nations have been as tolerant as anyone"

Tell that to the Israelis. That may be the stupidest thing you have ever typed. Doesn't Islam mean "submission"? When have they ever celebrated diversity?

"To describe Muslim nations "in general" for anything would be a great disservice"

OK, I see. So only liberals get to make generalizations, like when Obama said conservatives "don't seem so tough to me". Or when Hilary says that conservatives are waging "a war on women", I don't recall you being opposed to her using generalizations.

Sorry, what's good for the goose, especially when it's true. The vast majority of Muslim nations, aren't great places to be a Christian, a Jew, a homosexual, or a woman. I am truly sorry if that fact makes Hilary look like the moron she is, but it's still a fact.

"I don't have an issue with this (Obama's using petty insults)."

I for one am shocked that you defend him. In equally shocking news, scientists announced today that water is wet.