View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 07:16 AM   #18
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5/0 View Post
My 10 Year old puppy became diabetic 2 months ago and she never responded well to the insulin or pain meds for her back legs.
She was losing weight by the day and I had hoped that she'd be here for the holidays but I was in denial and being selfish,her quality of life was failing by the day.

This morning before I went to work I went to put food in her bowl,but didn't because yesterday's food was still there and she couldn't get up to go out side like she always does.
I gave her a pet on the head and said see you when I get home,so off to work I went.

Got a phone call from the wife no more than a half an hour later,she said when she came downstairs she saw the pups was a mess & you need to come home now,today is the day when need to pup's to rest...

So I got home in time to see our daughter off to school she had no Idea of the dogs condition because she had two friends sleep over.
my wife and I brought the pups for the final ride I drove and my wife sat in back to comfort her.

It was a tuff morning and now when our daughter comes home from school we have to brake the news to her,and relive it again what a long day and what a chity year.

Like Clammer says enjoy what you have.
So sorry Bob. I'm dealing with the same think my 12 year old Mini Schnauzer is failing badly this morning. I'm as an impasse as to what to do as it's Thanksgiving and they only place I can bring her is Ocean State Vet Hospital. $1000 minimum charge and I know they will want to admit her. We gave her a dog sedative and will hope she will be better tomorrow. Will take her to our vet in the AM but I think it too will be her last ride.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is online now   Reply With Quote