View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 04:29 PM   #96
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I can't imagine how a reasonably intelligent person who inherits tens of millions of dollars and has countless family political connections couldn't do very well for themselves. And then given that, how many of Trumps businesses have been total failures? Have you ever read about Trump University? How much has he sloughed off with the multiple bankruptcies? I hear he has nice golf courses, the one thing you could say he's excelled at is reality TV...lord.
I didn't say he was a genius. he managed to gro wthat, and not screw it up too bad.

"how many of Trumps businesses have been total failures?"

More than zero. Is every one of those, his fault? Or sometimes, do macro-economic conditions, which cannot always be predicted, dictate things? Don't you work in business in some capacity? Using your logic, how many of Obama's policies have been total failures (stimulus keeping unemployment below 8%???)

"the one thing you could say he's excelled at is reality TV...lord"

he's a buffoon, no doubt. He also excels at real estate management. He's not batting 1.000, but you cannot say that he hasn't succeeded. It's not remotely enough to make him qualified to be POTUS. Neither is the amoral, compulsive liar who was a disaster as SecState.