View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 12:08 PM   #111
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"everyone does"

Not everyone could say that John McCain's capture means he doesn't deserve respect. 99% of Americans would be incapable of saying that out loud.

When he hits back at people who have it coming, I genuinely respect it.

Finally, maybe my biggest issue with him, is this...I have no way of knowing what he really believes, about some issues I care deeply about. A few years ago, his stated posiitons were a lot more aligned with the liberal wing of the Democratic party, than the GOP. Maybe he genuinely saw the light.

Also, even if I loved everything about him, I am objective enough to know that his nomination could mean we hand the Oval Office, and far worse the Congress, back to the Democrats. I'd rather win with my second choice, then get clobbered with my first choice.
I'm not sure we know the position of any of them . They all muddle there position to cater to the crowd . I don't think he can be accused of the pandering and empty promises the others are guilty of . You have to take some of his words as symbolic . He's not outright lying and I'm starting to believe his ego will prevent him from being dishonest . The others make a living at being dishonest .
When it comes down to him or Hillary you simple have no choice .
After today it's over
Sorry Nebe , Bernie is a done too
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device