View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 08:15 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Sweet Jesus Jim, the opportunity to free 12 million people from the chains of communism at no cost and we get nothing from it?

I think Reagan just rolled in his grave.
When that happens, and that's a long way off, THAT will be groundbreaking. And of course, I sincerely hop ethat happens. And I give Obama credit for trying to get the ball rolling, I do.

But can you answer a simple question? What would be the downside if he told Castro, "nohting happens until we get this cop killer back in our custody. If you want to be embraced by the civilized nations, you need to stop acting uncivilized, and if you want OUR help in coming out of the dark, you can show you good faith by giving us this terroriist back. If you want us to treat you like an ally, you cannot provide refuge to those who murder our police officers."

Spence, how does that derail what he's trying to do?

I'm not saying ignore the 'big picture'. I just don't get why trying to make progress for Cubans, and getting this terrorist back, are mutually exclusive. If Cuba is asking for help, that puts us in a uniquely strong position from which to negotiate her return.But that requires a modicum of balls, and a modicum of giving a sh*t about the dead cop's family. Naturallly, the disciple of Reverand Wright and Bill Ayers isn't concerned when a black radical executes a white police officer. If it was the other way around, perhaps then he would give a rat's you-know-what.