View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 10:00 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
From what I've read of the refugee process it's not likely that terrorists would choose it as a method to get into the US. It can be long, there are qualifications and you don't get to choose which country you're sent to.

That being said, anything can be a threat. We take close to 100k refugees a year from around the world and many are Muslims.

Some would make you believe it's an open door for ISIS which is really isn't.
Do they have no say in what country they get sent to? That's good to know.

"Some would make you believe it's an open door for ISIS "

I don't think anyone who matters, believes it's a wide-open door. But it doesn't have to be a wide open door. They only need a crack. In 2001, was it 12 or so terrorists that killed 3,000 of us, and brought the country to its knees?

We need to concede the reality that it's not a wide open door. We also need to concede that it only takes a small number of these guys, to do unfathomable damage.

I asked you in another thread this question...if a gave your kids a bowl with 100 gummy bears, and I told you that 1 was poisoned and would kill whoever eats it. How many would you, Spence, let your kids eat before you take the bowl away?

I will concede that people aren't the moral equivalent of gummy bears. But the analogy has some validity to it. Estimates are that 1% - 2% of Muslims are radicalized. That's a small percentage, but it's millions of Muslims.