View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 02:41 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
If we as a nation are unwilling to follow established immigration law and allow people to come illegally, yet force the people coming here the proper way to wait in line, I can see how laws apply to only some people and not to others.

It's a great point, one I bring up. If we look the other way on the illegals, how is that fair to people waiting in line to come legally, who are suffering in godawful sh*tholes, waiting for their chance?

I knew a married couple who lived here (legally) from Albania, they were here on some sort of student/work visa. The guy owned a masonry business, employed 6 Americans. His temporary visa ran out. He did everything right, hired lawyers, wanted to pay all kinds of $$ to stay. Well he got lost in the numbers, his time ran out, and he got shipped back to Albaina, those 6 guys lost their jobs. He kept trying, and 3 years later, he came back.

But for 3 long years, he and his wife struggled in one of the worst places on the planet. Meanwhile, liberals say we should just look the other way on the illegals. I assume that the more illegals are here, the fewer spots there are for people like my friends to come legally.

I want to know what any liberal would say to my friend who struggled desperately for 3 years in Albania. How is it fair to punish those who play by the rules, and reward those who break the rules? Don't we teach our kids (by age 6) that you will not be rewarded for cheating?

I don't get it. One of many, many reasons why contemporary liberalism just doesn't pass the common sense test. Not even close.