View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 09:05 AM   #72
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
sadly I made commitments and watched your link you just dont like my response..

Actually, I do like your responses. They make Milo's point. They say more about you than about him.

^^^ he sprinkled his whole interview with those caveats

They were not caveats. They were the substance of his position. That you characterize them as caveats shows either your lack of comprehension or your bigotry.

then rants on about Importing Muslims

Again, another characterization by you--not reasons for his opinion, but just rants. He gives very specific reasons why he thinks Islam is incompatible with Western culture and why it is dangerous to import it to Western society.

Most Americans would think it is dangerous to import Nazis and their culture to our country. Most would once have thought the same about Communists. Why? Aren't those systems antithetical to and destructive of our way of life?

If you think Islam is a compatible system of government (and Islam is not merely a religion, it is a political system), you can passionately give your reasons why you believe that. I don't think you would appreciate your reasons called a rant.

how he is an agent of chaos the only one being provocative is him ... but pleases make him the victim he is not understood or is misinterpreted.. he is very clear how he sees the world
The Left, Progressives included, have been willing and effective agents of chaos. The Left has always required the destruction of free society. The Left is authoritarian not libertarian. It has to impose its authority over any pocket of libertarian culture. Free people are a threat to its notion of an orderly society--to its notions of justice, fairness, equality. Freedom, actually, to authoritarians, IS chaos.

The Left doesn't consider its smashing of cultural liberalism as chaos, even though it creates an ensuing chaos. Because that is merely a necessary step along the way to its version of order and justice.

So, yes, Milo sees himself as an agent of chaos. But it is a libertarian chaos, the chaos of freedom. You have to open-mindedly listen to his serious discussions to understand that. If you just dismiss the idea that he is serious about actual freedom for all, including the categories you've brought up (being "gay,"he is one of those categories) because of his provocative method of stirring up the pot, you will miss that ultimately important point.

Last edited by detbuch; 09-08-2016 at 06:31 PM..