View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
She is probably responsible for the better of the two horrible halves of ForPol for Obama (I shouted from the Rooftops he was not qualified - wish I was wrong).

That's reassuring--the better half of horrible.

If Trump was efficient and calculating rather than the unfiltered impulsive tool we would not have experienced the disarrayed sheitshow we have been subject to over the past 8 months. He has shown very little capacity for policy - he makes up crap as he goes.
What very little I know about whether he is unfiltered or impulsive, or whether he is not efficient nor calculating--that little I know points out how he had to consider and effect the various calculations needed to thread his way through the bureaucracy of the levels of government from local to federal, and around the barriers and pitfalls of dealing with tough unions and various labor problems in order to accomplish his real estate missions. Had he been an unfiltered impulsive tool lacking in efficiency and unable to calculate, his initial failures would have been the end of it all.

He seems to have been more of a visionary of possibility and an administrator over others who could make the vision happen. He consistently sought the advice and assistance of those who knew the "what and how" that was needed to get it done.

His capacity for policy was the big picture of what he wanted done and the ability to delegate the getting done to others who knew how to do it. Which, to a great deal, is the function of a President.

As far as sheitshows go, political campaigns are the height of such. Usually they are full of stilted, invidious, calculations full of half-truths and lies, and usually they are far more boring than this one. And they are so sheity that everyone can hardly wait till they are over. A little, or a lot, of spontaneity, no matter how awkward, perks things up.

Last edited by detbuch; 10-04-2016 at 07:40 PM..