Thread: What a shame
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 09:49 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
My daughter turns 18 soon and has already registered to vote. She, like my wife and I, was on board the Trump train and her support was unwavering. She wore his shirts to school and had no problem explaining why to her teachers who mocked her candidate. Now she has thrown them away and explained that she can not vote in this election as there are no candidates that qualify due to morality shortcomings. I told her to vote based on the platforms of each party and forget what a piece of crap each candidate has demonstrated they truly are. The future is very uncertain and it seems to be nothing but hard choices for all.
I never thought of that...this is one tough election cycle to enter as an 18 year-old. Maybe tell her that it hasn't always been like this (we nominated a true hero in 2008), and it won't always be like this in the future. The Clinton dynasty will end in at most 8 years, I don't see any other oligarchies on the horizon. And the circumstances that led to Trump's nomination hopefully won't occur again, and hopefully we will learn our lesson a bit. Maybe that's way to optimistic.

I also tell myself that I'd rather have a horse's ass who has a better vision for what's best for the country, than a genuinely nice person who can't get anything right.

Tough election cycle for an 18 year old, no doubt. But things will be decided that will impact her future, so she has a vested interest in choosing someone.