View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 01:22 PM   #50
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
OK, I asked in good faith, 3 times, why there is a vast moral difference between banning refugees and banning those with green cards. All you can say is "there is a difference". You literally offered nothing more than that. I've told you why it is different and why that difference matters yet you expect me to do all the work for you.

Detbuch's post says that Trump's order does not deny entry to those with green cards.It certainly did. I understand that Reince later walked the intent of the order due to the backlash.

In both cases, Obama/Trump halted immigration from war-torn places. Though both did it for security reasons, both also had the effect of increasing the suffering to some innocent victims who would have benefitted from coming here. Paul, is that true or false?
100% False - With Pres. Obama it wasn't a halt - it slowed it down. And it didn't ban greencard holders like this order did.

And I've heard for 8 years about Pres. Obama's used of executive orders. How many has Pres. Trump issued in the first week?