View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 10:21 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Again, she attacked him first. Trump strikes back. I think she had it coming. And if he believes she is overrated, why not throw it back to her. Seriously, did the earth shake when he said she was overrated? Although, I like your version of what he should have said. Kind of think, though, that would have gotten a more earth shaking response than the one given to him after saying she was overrated.
She did attack him first, and there is an adult way to respond to that, which is to use her own actions to tear her to shreds, but do it like an adult, like a prosecutor would do.

The earth doesn't shake when he does any of these things. But I'm on his side, and yet these things make me wince. If he responded by saying "she tosses laurels at the feet of child rapists, so I'm not concerned what she thinks of me", THAT would earn my respect. It would also make people think twice before throwing cheap shots at him. I don't want him to take the abuse silently like Bush did, but respond like a smart, mature adult. Sarcasm and humor is fine too, but put some factual truth in there. He just sounds like a little baby brat.

I hope we're on the right track. Have a good night.