Thread: LL Bean
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 08:39 AM   #29
bart
Red Eye Jedi

I returned mine yesterday and didn't feel bad about it whatsoever. I only fished half a season last year and like others said the boots were completely corroded and falling part. I had gorilla glued them back together at one point. The waders were leaking at the seams and the cord that tightens up the top end had snapped. This was from only fishing April thru July.

The girl I dealt with was really nice. She had me come in to evaluate them. Said they needed to see if there was "excessive use," but I'm not sure what would constitute that. If you wore them once a day for a season would that be considered "excessive use?" Still not clear on that one. Regardless, the girl was nice and she saw all the issues with my gear so no dispute there. She said in the future if anything happens to immediately return the waders so they can evaluate them. I was very happy with the service i received and was happy to relay my experience through their online customer survey.

I still think $350 waders/boots should get you through more than one season, though. I'll probably go with Simms from now on.
bart is offline   Reply With Quote